Fly Tying
Gustav F.

Video: Tying a royal coachman trude

Another video is up, featuring the increasingly popular dryfly royal coachman trude. Remember to choose HD-quality! ;)

/Jonatan and Gustav

Well done!

I like the use of the snowshoe wing, I was going to tie some of these up using calf tail but will be considering the rabbit.

Well done!

I like the use of the snowshoe wing, I was going to tie some of these up using calf tail but will be considering the rabbit.

Thank you! Yes the snowshoe floats a lot better, but I guess that it does not yield quite the same silhouette as calf tail. Priorities priorities.. :)

My biggest hangup is yeah some vices might last a lifetime but the warranty's don't if it screws up. Most do have a lifetime but that does not include the jaws which is the first thing to go or the seals

Yeah that just adds to the mess for me, I dont mind spending money on good equipment, but if I have to replace/repair that equipment I have a tendacy to get severely annoyed and it just makes it all the worse if you have to argue with people to get work done. I used to be a pretty brand loyal person, but now days you never know, companies change policies, owners and about what ever else comes along the way.

Another great video gustav!!