Fly Tying
MWl

One of those days

I just tyed 4 #16 pheasent tail nymphs. They look like crap. I tried someting else that looks like crap too. Anybody else have those days when it seems like you have 10 thumbs?

Yesterday, I tyed some great looking flies. I guess I forgot how to tie over night.

Michael :crying:

I just tyed 4 #16 pheasent tail nymphs. They look like crap. I tried someting else that looks like crap too. Anybody else have those days when it seems like you have 10 thumbs?

Yesterday, I tyed some great looking flies. I guess I forgot how to tie over night.

Michael :crying:

Yeah i have had those days before not too fun

you bet! some days I just can't seem to tie anything right. I keep an empty plastic coffee container by my bench to "file away" files that just don't cut it and when I got a bunch of flies in there I spend some time recovering the hooks for another day. :)

Mike

R U kidding me? Of course, we all have days when not just tying, but everything chooses to malfunction or goes to hell. It's a mystery to me why these days come but they sure are annoying. Then again, it would be boring if everything went on at it's best all the time. "No fun in the long run without the boring days."

No, Vegas, it's not! We've seen too many pictures of your work and know better now. :D

I felt that way last time I sat down at the vice. Of course, I felt like I was fighting an illness, and it took me 10 minutes to tie a single brassie! Kept breaking the peacock herl, which is something I rarely have trouble with. Like hounddog said, that's why a spare razor blade is kept handy.

well thank you :headbang: You know I have still never razored a fly. If I don't like it I throw it in a bucket and been giving them out any chance I got