Fly Tying
Panama Red

Fun With Foam

We have one of the best reseources on the web for any type of pattern, material, species, etc... I needed to find something for a foam swap and had fallen behind due to a car accident and a weeks stay in the hospital with cardiac gizmoes...

No brainer typed in foam in the database and found just the thing I was looking for... thanks to BDH and Floyd for some much needed inspiration.

P1030050.jpg

Have to go for now, grilling oysters and frying flounder with my bro's in an hour or so :drunk:

Next project will be Cajun Ticklers

sorry to hear about the accident, Dave, but I hope you are doing alright. Fried flounder is always outstanding but you will appreciate even more after a week of weating hospital food :sick:

That is a killer looking fly, looks like it would kill the gills and probably do well on bass as well.

We here in the frozen north (NW FL) take our food and beer seriously :drunk:

All cooked over red oak in a stainless steel washing machine tub, it's a custom job....noe xpense spared $11 :bugeyes: stuffed jalapenos, sausage, oysters with butter, hot sauce, old bay, and parmesian cheese.

P1030068.jpg

P1030057.jpg

Panko beer /wassabi batter fried flounder with

P1030070.jpg

Beer and buds

P1030062.jpg

P1030069.jpg

oh sure make me hungry just before I get to go fishing on some hard water

Our water goes through a softener :P

...All cooked over red oak in a stainless steel washing machine tub, it's a custom job....noe xpense spared $11

$11 is an odd number, what did you spend that on? With the holes around the side, I'll bet that fire gets cranking for some great grillin. That's the only way to do the oysters is over an open fire. Good looking vittles! That's an overdose of goodness for anyone but after a week in the hospital you must have eaten till you were stuffed.

Oh, the foam bug looks great too.

Kirk