Fly Tying
smalliestalker

Rabbit strip divers

These are some of my favorite flies to throw when the smallies want to eat off the top....Tied on a 1/0 Mustad 34007 hook....

The big yellow looking one is a variation of muddler/zoo cougar tied with a rabbit strip tail that I use a lot for pickerel....

post-22995-1295212947_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1295212967_thumb.jpg

Guest rich mc

most excellent! i like the white one best. my smallie flies get bigger every year. rich mc

Great looking flies, they look absolutely flawless. I love the color combo's. Thanks for posting. I haven't tied anything since the New Year, starting to get antsy...

Tom

:bugeyes: :bugeyes: :bugeyes: :bugeyes:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - :bugeyes:

:bugeyes: :bugeyes: :bugeyes: :bugeyes:

thanks all....Mr. Vegas...I have a sculpin pattern that I make from deer hair....You can make the same kind of fly as the zoo cougar with olives on top, creams on the bottom, barred wood duck and olive rabbit as the tail. I put a little red on the under belly and I use those brown/cream pheasant feathers as fins. I tie the pattern upside down so the hook point rides up and I use red or yellow dumbell eyes to weight the head. You can stack the hair right over it....If I have time I'll post one up for you to check out....

Very nice smalliestalker. Not that I am surprised though. You always do some marvelous work with the deer hair. Why dont you just come over and use my deer hair