Fly Tying
Firetiger

Depth Charge Caddis

When the grayling are hiding deep and refusing to budge you have to present your fly to their level. This cased caddis imitation will do the trick.

jigcaddis600.jpg

The tie:

#10 Jig hook

4.6mm Tungsten bead

a layer of flat lead

green UNI Neon thread for the peeping head

a turn of Partridge hackle

natural spiky hare ribbed with gold tinsel

Cheers!

J.

Thats feaken cool dig the name to good tie fire :headbang: tiger

Hi Fire Tiger That is sure one nice fly....I Haven't Talked To you for a While I sure hope ever thing is all right with you and your Family...I think i will be back on line soon....I am doing a double Deer Hair project.....I think it is going to be in the warm water section.....I am going to make it for my mentor...I hope you remember me.....LOL

Talk To you soon

FlySlinger

what brand of jig hook are you using?

I am using hook from Mr. Skalka, but it is a pretty local brand, doubt it will be available in the States. Very good jig hooks are Dohiku from Slovakia, I think Mr. Kevin Compton distributes them on your side of Atlantic.

J.

Hi Fire Tiger That is sure one nice fly....I Haven't Talked To you for a While I sure hope ever thing is all right with you and your Family...I think i will be back on line soon....I am doing a double Deer Hair project.....I think it is going to be in the warm water section.....I am going to make it for my mentor...I hope you remember me.....LOL

Talk To you soon

FlySlinger

I am glad you are doing well, FlySlinger! I will surely have a look at your deer hair project, though I am afraid I don't do much of warm water fishing myself (no bass over here, just carp, carp, carp and I hate that fish!)

Cheers!

J.

what brand of jig hook are you using?

I am using hook from Mr. Skalka, but it is a pretty local brand, doubt it will be available in the States. Very good jig hooks are Dohiku from Slovakia, I think Mr. Kevin Compton distributes them on your side of Atlantic.

J.

I got a buddy that is in the czech republic and sent him an email. He emailed me back and got me some Mr. Skalka hooks!! Woohooo!!! He got me 200 in several sizes and some barbless scud hooks and some barbless 2xl nymph hooks. He lives in Plzen. Thanks for the tip!