Fly Tying
fliesandfish

Pro-tubes

Hello everyone,

Here are some of my recent flies. Tied on pro-tubes they are really versatile allowing you to interchange all parts and make stream side adjustments.

These are tied with a bullet weight in the middle and weightless sonic tubes which push water and create a larger profile. All of the bodies are the same but the differance in cone size really affects the end result. By melting back the slightest bit of tubing these cones can be swapped on and off.

If anyone out there is tying on protubes im sure as well as me would be very interested in seeing your creations.

Chris Warren

post-20150-1295924415_thumb.jpg

post-20150-1295924431_thumb.jpg

Here are more

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=9100...mp;l=685c39eaef

Hi Chris,

I do use the Pro-tubes from time to time - the kits are expensive and most flies could be done with a "normal" tube for half the price. But they are flexible and offer a lot of different opportunities: weight, length, head...

Here are two flies where I used the Pro-tubes (on the first you see the smaller diameter of the front section):

post-30292-1295938247_thumb.jpg

post-30292-1295938274_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Detlef

I am not sure were you are located but i know that tight lines in NJ has them as well as many fly shops on the west coast of the US. Although the product is pricey, because all the components are interchangeable you end up having to buy less materials.

http://www.flymart.ca/default.aspx?ctl=ctl...category_id=170

http://www.tightlinesflyfishing.com/shopon...ing/protube.htm

Chris

Anyone else tie on pro-tubes?

I'm not sure I understand why you would spend so much on their stuff. I don't tye on tubes so I am sure that is part of my confusion but from what I have seen you can do most everything they offer on less expensive tubes, can't you? :dunno:

I'm not sure I understand why you would spend so much on their stuff. I don't tye on tubes so I am sure that is part of my confusion but from what I have seen you can do most everything they offer on less expensive tubes, can't you? :dunno:

yes - you can. You simply need different plastic tubes, some metal tubes, different heads with different sizes because your tubes do have different diameters... it is not as easy as it could be.

The pro-tube systems is much easier to work with - everything fits together. you choose a tube, you choose a weight that fits, a head that fits... comfort is not cheap ;) And you can do special flies with the pro-tube system you will not get without it - still you could spend your money into feathers...

nobody needs (!) the pro-tubes - but they offer some advantages if you pay the price...

Detlef

(sorry for my poor English)

yes - you can. You simply need different plastic tubes, some metal tubes, different heads with different sizes because your tubes do have different diameters... it is not as easy as it could be.

The pro-tube systems is much easier to work with - everything fits together. you choose a tube, you choose a weight that fits, a head that fits... comfort is not cheap ;) And you can do special flies with the pro-tube system you will not get without it - still you could spend your money into feathers...

nobody needs (!) the pro-tubes - but they offer some advantages if you pay the price...

Detlef

(sorry for my poor English)

Makes a lot of sense. You rlast bit there where you say comfort is not cheap I think nailed it for me. Thanks!