Fly Tying
Trout.vs.Bass

Weirdest thing you have found fishing

Now i have seen some weird things fishing in my day, but last years fishing season i was fishing up a brook trout stream and i ended up tripping over a #@[email protected] rubber hose. Well you follow a rubber hose long enough in the North Georgia mountains you will find a pot still covered in camo netting. I just went back to fishing cause it was none of my buisness and i did not want to get shot that day. If i am lying i am Dying alright

Fishing in town. I found a Celine Dion CD and an adult DVD. The Celine Dion CD worked. The adult DVD didn't....

the weirdest things i found was a duffel bag with adult toys, a cut up credit card sitting in the parking lot of my town fishing hole. thought it was funny since i knew whose it was by the credit card. I even returned it to their doorstep that day. I figured they would want it back. lol

perch and gold fish in my dam brown trout river! Thats all so far.

Q. do they still shoot at you if your trying to buy the shine?

A human hand while fishing by gyro park in ypsilanti michigan a 2 hour fishing trip turned into a 9 hour circus

that is freaky.

I found a rubber duck with a phone number on it that said "Winner" so I called.

Some guy's girlfriend played a trick on him and put a bunch of ducks in the river with his phone number. he must have got 30 calls about it.

Glad I didn't find the hand.

Two naked hippies, just a lyin' in the sun. The gal wasn't too bad looking, although her legs needed a shave ... :bugeyes:

I found a 9mm hand gun, gave it to the authorities and told them my story... Also witnessed a crayfish eating a dead trout. And a bunch if used condoms with some ripped clothes by the railroad tracks while walking to a fishing hole. And I've found about 10+ homes for hobos with empty beer cans and clothes and crap.

I found a 9mm hand gun, gave it to the authorities and told them my story... Also witnessed a crayfish eating a dead trout. And a bunch if used condoms with some ripped clothes by the railroad tracks while walking to a fishing hole. And I've found about 10+ homes for hobos with empty beer cans and clothes and crap.

I think it's funny that you put 'crayfish eating a dead trout' right up there with finding a murder weapon and a rape scene... :blink: :hyst:

I think it's funny that you put 'crayfish eating a dead trout' right up there with finding a murder weapon and a rape scene... :blink: :hyst:

Hahahahaha i just realized that. I guess that's what you get in New Joisey'

funniest thing I found was fishing the Schuylkill River for smallies with my brother. There was a host of discarded artifacts typical for urban water. We were anchored in my jonboat working some riffles, I looked down and there was a no parking side looking up at me. I told my brother we should move...

A "floater" under the...a bridge in west central Florida. Before my fly fishing days I did a lot of night snook plugging. Fishing under this bridge, and my buddy and I see something floating down the river. We both cast and hooked it and dragged it up to the hill. Guess the sucker had been in the water a while, I cut my line and told buddy to come on we're leaving. He replied,"Wait! I have to get my plug back, they're too expensive to lose!" We did make an anonymous call to the police to inform them where the body was, but I learned my lesson about cops ruining fishing trips. Two months before this episode me and my buddy (same one) are fishing the surf at Clearwater Beach at night and he "hooks" something big... the size of a hay bale.We pulled it up on the beach and lo and behold when we cut it open it was weed. Now I don't know if the cops were watching for someone like a dealer to make the pickup or what, but before we could get it half way up the beach towards my truck we were surrounded. We spent quite a while explaining that we were just pulling it up the beach so we could go to a phone and call them (this was before cell phones). They eventually let us go, guess they figured we were too stupid to leave it where we found it and go call. I still ended up losing the rest of the night of fishing....

A "floater" under the...a bridge in west central Florida. Before my fly fishing days I did a lot of night snook plugging. Fishing under this bridge, and my buddy and I see something floating down the river. We both cast and hooked it and dragged it up to the hill. Guess the sucker had been in the water a while, I cut my line and told buddy to come on we're leaving. He replied,"Wait! I have to get my plug back, they're too expensive to lose!" We did make an anonymous call to the police to inform them where the body was, but I learned my lesson about cops ruining fishing trips. Two months before this episode me and my buddy (same one) are fishing the surf at Clearwater Beach at night and he "hooks" something big... the size of a hay bale.We pulled it up on the beach and lo and behold when we cut it open it was weed. Now I don't know if the cops were watching for someone like a dealer to make the pickup or what, but before we could get it half way up the beach towards my truck we were surrounded. We spent quite a while explaining that we were just pulling it up the beach so we could go to a phone and call them (this was before cell phones). They eventually let us go, guess they figured we were too stupid to leave it where we found it and go call. I still ended up losing the rest of the night of fishing....

That reminds me of when I was a kid in Miami, a friend of mine went out fishing the deep with his dad and they came across a bale of weed floating by. They said unfortunately they were no dolphin under it (I imagine if there were they would have been awfully hungry but probably wouldn't have put up much of a fight :D ). They called the coast guard who came out and got it. Apparently it had been lost and floating for a while because it was so saturated with water the coast guard guys needed a winch to hoist it up in the boat.

My wife was fishing off the beach on the west coast south of Tampa with her father a few years back and they noticed a bunch of money floating in the surf. My father-in-law started gathering it in the castnet until they saw a suspicious package float up wrapped in duct tape. They figured the two were related and quickly decided to leave. They didn't catch any fish but pulled a couple hundred bucks out of the water that day.

For the most part I have just found normal things like road signs or stolen cars sunken in lakes (great structure for bass). Last year I found a new transom mount step ladder floating, now works great during scalloping season.

The only things that stick out in my mind are a thirty pack of Busch and a fly box. The fly box was weird because it was one of the big black C&F boxes and it only had two flies in it.(Both olive mohair leaches) Whoever it belonged to must have had some confidence in those two flies. The beer was odd because it was at least two miles from the nearest access and it was unopened. I guess someone on a float trip left it. It was sitting there for quite some time judging by the taste and how faded the box was.

-Mike