Fly Tying
bertgwen

Glass Bead Swap

I was at the craft store at lunch picking up materials for the foam swap when I wandered by the glass bead section. I don't know if they are actually glass or not, but these are the beads I'm talking about. They come in 2 or 3 sizes appropriate to fly tying, come in almost every color you can imagine, including metallic and translucent variations. I know I've tied nymphs down to 18 if not 20 with them, and the big ones make great eggs for ESL patterns. The best part, they are way cheaper than fly tying specific beads. They are pretty much all I ever use when it comes to bead patterns. Love them.

While at the store I picked up another tube of beads I absolutely didn't need. Then on the way back to the office the idea of a swap hit me.

So here it is, I propose a swap, first dozen plus the swapmiester are in. Any trout pattern incorporating glass beads. Tie up 12, get them to me on time, all will be good.

As added incentive, I'll throw in a vial of assorted beads to the tyer of the fly that I deem most worthy. Although I may let my 6yo daughter weigh in on that decision.

Swap is full

All swap rules apply. Due Date 3/17/11.

1. Redneck Fly - ?? - address sent - flies received

2. Rich5665 - bloodworm - address sent - flies received

3. Gaddy - scud - address sent - flies received

4. flytyman1 - Mercury Black Beauty Midge - address sent - flies received

5. Mr. Vegas - sculpin

6. professori - pumpkin head - address sent - flies received

7. BC_angler - ?? - address sent - flies received

8. Fishingbobnelson - green bead caddis nymph - address sent - flies received

9. Johnny Utah - iwd2 - address sent - flies received

10. Student4evr - ??

11. gpd4 - glass worm - address sent - flies received

12. notenuftoys - olive bomber - flies received

i'm in i have several tubes i bought from Micheal's art supply there awesome beads this is a cool swap i'm excited to see what everyone ties.

CAN'T be in on this one...but remember if his 6 year old daughter has a say make it bright and "pretty". cute is also acceptable.

You couldn't be more right about my daughter, but I'll have the ultimate vote, and early trout season will be open by then. Maybe some field judging will be in order.

Mr. Vegas, I'm impressed, looking forward to the sculpin.

CAN'T be in on this one...but remember if his 6 year old daughter has a say make it bright and "pretty". cute is also acceptable.

You couldn't be more right about my daughter, but I'll have the ultimate vote, and early trout season will be open by then. Maybe some field judging will be in order.

Mr. Vegas, I'm impressed, looking forward to the sculpin.

Thanks buddy! I got a pattern I have been playing with that I wanted to expose and then I saw this swap! It might be off the wall but it has a bead body with and extended body tail with a cut off hook. Trust me it will be different but I have caught a lot of trout on sculpins and this should be fun to test my ingenuity

:ph34r: :thumbsup:

Count me in with a Mercury Black Beauty Midge.

flytyman1

post-29583-1296517020_thumb.jpg

Tied something similar last night, simple but affective

is this swap still on I'm the list never filled up are we still doing this one im in so many its getting hard to keep track