Fly Tying
bertgwen

Glass Bead Swap

You are in. Swap is full. I quess I have to decide what I'm going to tie now.

robert

If that last spot is still available, I'm in with some small midge of some sort or another.

Thanks! Put me down for the olive bomber. The tying starts..... NOW!

Well, I'm done and can use an address. I will upload a picture tomorrow. The pumpkinhead is a wooly bugger variant developed by John Kent of Tunkwa Lake Resort in BC, and I wanted to tie it for a number of reasons. First, it has a silver lined orange glass bead (fits the criteria of the swap). Second it is a killer lake pattern for trout (and should be a dynamite bass pattern as well). Finally, it is predominately green in colour and that seemed appropriate for a swap due on St. Paddy's Day.

post-13882-1297030579_thumb.jpg

post-13882-1297030477_thumb.jpg

post-13882-1297030746_thumb.jpg

Sorry, I don't know why it loaded 3 pics (all the same) and I don't know how to fix it. :wallbash:

very nice!! Setting the bar way up there.

Well, I'm done and can use an address. I will upload a picture tomorrow. The pumpkinhead is a wooly bugger variant developed by John Kent of Tunkwa Lake Resort in BC, and I wanted to tie it for a number of reasons. First, it has a silver lined orange glass bead (fits the criteria of the swap). Second it is a killer lake pattern for trout (and should be a dynamite bass pattern as well). Finally, it is predominately green in colour and that seemed appropriate for a swap due on St. Paddy's Day.

post-13882-1297030579_thumb.jpg

OH MY GAWD! What did you do to my fly?

(haha) Just kidding Garry, nice job on the hackle dyeing.

OH MY GAWD! What did you do to my fly?

Fixed it!! <_< Whew, I'm glad I didn't try to take credit for the pattern, like I originally planned. Good to see you on here John.

:scooter:

Flies were shipped out today, used delivery confirmation to track shipping! :thumbsup:

flytyman1