Fly Tying
bertgwen

Glass Bead Swap

Well This is a first.

I just received my Altoids tin and flies back in the mail!! Along with a note from the post office apologizing for damaging the package.

So I can get it back in the mail on Monday.

Let me know if that works.

post-12269-1300580858_thumb.jpg

Frank

The taped side is still taped closed, it is the other end, looks like the glue separated, nothing is cut or appears tampered with. I propose we close out the swap and move on. It does suck. I don't know what else to do given the time frame.

ok forget this, see post below.

robert

That sucks!! This is the first time I've had a package emptied. (I have been in about 150 swaps.) Unless the envelope was torn open It had to be deliberate because I tape all the flaps closed and this was a new envelope.

The bugs took about 15 min each to tie. I wouldn't be able to get them replaced by Monday. I probably could get them in the mail by then. It seems whether they will actually get there is another matter.

OK, send it out, I'll wait. Glad you got them back.

Well This is a first.

I just received my Altoids tin and flies back in the mail!! Along with a note from the post office apologizing for damaging the package.

Frank

Flies are sorted and in the truck awaiting a trip to the PO tomorrow. Frank's showed up today. Unfortunately, I have not seen Dustin's and a PM to him has gone unanswered so I decided to call it done. I got tired of waiting, I'm sure most of you have as well. It's an interesting set of flies. If I had any photography skills I post pics, but anything I post won't do them justice.

GDP4 (I think) has an assortment of beads coming back his way as well. Near as I can tell, he went through somewhere around 400 beads getting his set tied. That in and of itself was enough to warrant the prize in my opinion.

Thanks again for participating, and thanks to all those that sent in extras.

robert

Flies are sorted and in the truck awaiting a trip to the PO tomorrow. Frank's showed up today. Unfortunately, I have not seen Dustin's and a PM to him has gone unanswered so I decided to call it done. I got tired of waiting, I'm sure most of you have as well. It's an interesting set of flies. If I had any photography skills I post pics, but anything I post won't do them justice.

GDP4 (I think) has an assortment of beads coming back his way as well. Near as I can tell, he went through somewhere around 400 beads getting his set tied. That in and of itself was enough to warrant the prize in my opinion.

Thanks again for participating, and thanks to all those that sent in extras.

robert

I am having kidney problems and been in the hospital the last 2 days. Can you wait till monday to ship cause they are in the mail and would still like to be part of this. I can assure you they should be their but it is out of my hands now cause they are with USPS

I'll send them back when they get here. Have not seen them yet. Sorry.

robert

i guess you are going to have a lot of sultrys lol.. I tried

this is what it says

Label/Receipt Number: 0310 2640 0001 5363 8402

Expected Delivery Date: March 26, 2011

Just keep them, don't worry about it

I got notice that the flies came in will you confirm that? Thanks again buddy

They did show up today. I don't feel right keeping the entire set, but I will keep one. The rest will be on the way back Monday. Do you get a chance to get out and fish living in Vegas? What do you fish for most? I'd like to replace the fly I keep, trying to come up with something useful/interesting to tie.

robert

I got notice that the flies came in will you confirm that? Thanks again buddy

A very nice set of beaded flies in my mailbox this afternoon! :D Thanks for hosting and thanks to all the tyers for some interesting flies. Tight Lines to all. B)

Well This is a first.

Frank

At least they made it back to you and didn't wind up in the dead letter office, or limbo, or in the flybox of the infamous fly fishing custom agent upn Canada way.