Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Trout.vs.Bass

Economy rods

take a look at Redington? makes some nice 5w's I have a 7'6" i picked up for $85 about a year ago and love it.

For your budget I would get a St. Croix Rio Santo Fly Rods runs just over a $100 from cabelas and it a SCII rod.

For a little over $150 you could have someone take a SCII blank or for a little more $ a temple fork blank and have a custom rod for you depending on what you want. I have made a few 5w right around that range in the past.

For cheaper you could have a RX7 Rainshadow 3w and be able to get whatever you wanted on it for under $150. Not a big fan of them, I only personally own one casting rod but lots of people like them the blanks run around $50 so you can pretty much build a rod for around $95 in parts and be pretty custom with it.

Then cheaper than that you can go with a forecast rod (also made by rainshadow lower end model)

Plenty of quality options for a 3w at the store or a build for around or under $150

If you want a quick choice to just go pick up and fish go with one of the St Criox Rio Santa Series and you want be disappointed.