Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
1337Kona

Hi everyone

Just bought a flytying mag and found this web site in it. I have never tyed a fly and i have never gone fly fishing. I as of yet have no flytying equipment but am looking to get into the hobby. I really think they are works of art, plus u can catch fish whith them what could be better. Anyways looking forwards to learning a lot.

Thanks Kona

Welcome to the forum Kona dont be shy to ask any questions you may have when just starting out, thats what we are here for so ask away and hopefully we can help spare you some of the mistakes we all made when we started out wink.gif

SD

Welcome to the site 1337kona, this is a great place to learn.. theres alot of good guys on the site, and like SD said dont be afraid of asking any questions you might have.. we were all new to tying once.. cheers.gif

Welcome to the site! Ask questions and browse the archives of the different subject sections. They hold a goldmine of information. This site is one of 2 that I check daily. biggrin.gif

Welcome to the site Kona. We all have to begin somewhere and this is a good place to start.

BFR

Fly tying and fishing is NOT a "hobby". It is an addiction, an obsession that will sap you of all your money and cause you to do strange things like going to craft stores and hanging out in the cometic department of drugstores. laugh.gif

Welcome to the forum

Hahhaha true true true Troutbum.... After I started fly fishing, my wife was glad I was spending less time playing stupid computer games....little did she know I was just trading one addiction for another...oh well tongue.gif Anyways, Kona, where are you home waters? Hawaii (the kona thing...that or you are a coffee addict and from Seattle smile.gif )

'Nix

P.S. Ask lots of questions and join in the fun....