Fly Tying
BillFisher

Other hobbies?

I like to trap. Like coyotes, foxes, bob cats, and hogs. In my neck of the woods during winter they drain the lake and the trout streams are closed. Some people say its inhumane but i am controlling the coyote population one at a time :headbang:

wow.... I was going to post this same topic here a minute ago until I saw this. I really don't have a lot of hobbies. I do like to make carbon fiber stuff for anything I can. I do a lot of volunteer work with 3 square and and with the local cancer center.

Airsoft is great, haven't been able to play lately because of the snow. I can't wait till spring or fall so I can try out my home made ghillie suit and my new AK-74 U.

I used to paintball a lot when I was younger. Still got my dark angel so maybe I should get out. Airsoft is illegal here in Vegas I think.

I used to paintball a lot when I was younger. Still got my dark angel so maybe I should get out. Airsoft is illegal here in Vegas I think.

Wow, of all the things Airsoft is illegal in Vegas :D

Besides Fly fishing and tying, I like 3D Archery shoots, hunting, white water rafting and backcountry hiking.

Steve - Ya i do, and it's an absolute blast. I can't get enough of it. I'd surf and fly fish all the time if I could, but the waves aren't always great, let alone there especially in the summer. So when there's waves, surfing get's priority over fishing. Let me know if you're ever over on the west coast and want to try it out.

Sully - That wave is ridiculous. I don't think I could handle it! You surf?

And airsoft is awesome! Unfortunately, it's illegal in Michigan too but we have some friends with land that we play at.

Not to change the topic, but I gotta say....

Hearing all this talk of Airsoft being illegal makes me think how bad/ridiculous the world we live in has come too :rolleyes: I remember back when I was a kid back in the late 70's/early 80's myself and my best friend that lived across the street from me use to play "guns" (that's what we called it...not army, not war, but GUNS :D ) . We had a number of toy guns and some of them were pretty damn real looking with wood stocks and metal barrels. We would each pick 1 rifle and 1 handgun each and then he would got to his backyard across the street and I would go to my backyard. When we both were ready we'd yell over our walkie talkies "ready set GO" and we'd go sneaking through the neighborhood trying to locate and shoot each other.

I bet if kids did that now the police would be called within seconds. Sad sad sad!

Steve

I recently got back into woodworking, and started to do some intarsia. Its shaping different species of woods, putting them together and making different projects. I have done an eagle, an elk, wolf and other projects. I used approx. 140 pieces of wood on the eagle, it was approx. 24" x 24". woods used were walnut, oak, maple , hickory and pine. Its a challenge and very addictive. The key is being very selective in your choices of wood and paying particular attention to the different grains and wood colors.

have a good one

pat carroll

Airsoft is illegal in NJ too.... :rolleyes:

GregFred: how'd you make the suit??

I just don't get why... you can own and go shoot guns but if you wanna airsoft you can't? Dumb law :(

Airsoft is illegal in NJ too.... :rolleyes:

GregFred: how'd you make the suit??

I just don't get why... you can own and go shoot guns but if you wanna airsoft you can't? Dumb law :(

I looked up the Laws on Airsoft because I had never heard of such as thing myself, but there are laws against them. But it's not so much that they are actually "illegal" though. What the laws state is that you can not have them/use them out in public because they look so much like a real gun. But they are not illegal to own or use on private property. So sounds like they just don't want people walking around with a Airsoft gun playing with it out in public because someone might think it's a real gun. But they aren't actually illegal to own/use.

Steve