Fly Tying
Big J

Hackle Shortage

Soon hooks will become popular earrings.

Too Late!!! My Aunt and Uncle are High End craft merchants. They told me they came across a jeweler selling Hand tied Fly earrings. I'm sure if you search the net you'll find them out there.

imagine how much Foot tied Fly earrings would cost!!!!

Soon hooks will become popular earrings.

Too Late!!! My Aunt and Uncle are High End craft merchants. They told me they came across a jeweler selling Hand tied Fly earrings. I'm sure if you search the net you'll find them out there.

imagine how much Foot tied Fly earrings would cost!!!!

Rabbit's foot hair extensions...

I'm not going to get too worked up over this. Not only do I have plenty of hackle (50+,) but there are other ways to tie bugs that work. Rather than starting to raise chickes, maybe we should all start looking for girls with hackle extensions. There are going to be plenty of "used" hair extensions going to waist in the not too distant future at yard sale prices.

Haha i have to quote a movie 'What did you do to my Rooster!'

Just wondering with those extensions can you wash them and stuff when they are in your hair?

I work at a K-8 school and I asked one of the girls with feathers in her hair what she does when they fall out. She said, "Just through them away." So I said, "Can you save them for me?" Of course. So free tying material. Plus like someone said above, when the style ends they will be selling it all really cheap. Of course, they are dyed all kinds of crazy colors.

I work at a K-8 school and I asked one of the girls with feathers in her hair what she does when they fall out. She said, "Just through them away." So I said, "Can you save them for me?" Of course. So free tying material. Plus like someone said above, when the style ends they will be selling it all really cheap. Of course, they are dyed all kinds of crazy colors.

lol, make sure those free tying materials are lice free... little kids, ya never know. Could ruin the whole stash.

lol, make sure those free tying materials are lice free... little kids, ya never know. Could ruin the whole stash.

Ha! You never know.

If the feather shortage was enough I noticed today that tinsel, krystal flash and other synthetics are now being added as hair extensions. Hopefully this will replace the feather craze and leave a ton of feather and saddle stock out on the market for discount.