Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
smalliestalker

Rising Bluegill

This is an all wool bodied weighted bluegill with a Fly Lipp upside down on it. When casted out, it sinks, then when stripped it actually rises wiggling towards the surface....Should smack some buckets this spring....

post-22995-1298646098_thumb.jpg

WOW - amazing tie - post "After pic's " of some of the fish that eat that thing!

Another great job. Wish I had your energy.

I wish I just had his skill with wool and deer hair, I mean I can spin and I can stack but not like that..... damn that thing is hot.

Steve

That fly is one of the best dh flies I have ever seen! That thing is a work of art. Definitely post pics of what you catch with that thing.

i have to say, speaking from first hand knowledge, your flies are definitely not too pretty to fish! Because as beautiful as they are to look at they are twice as nice in action. Hope to see the upward swimming patterns in action too. Excellent job, sir, excellent job.

thank you....Fly Samurai...you were able to put one in the water? ...due tell

Well, I only have the beautiful ones you sent me here in Pensacola, and while I haven't pit them into "full attack" mode, I intend to as soon as the water warms in our lakes. Down here we are looking at a couple of weeks or so. BUT i don't have to catch fish to know a fly "will" catch fish. Your creations have an action that has to be irresistible to fish. I am really curious how the upward turned lipp produces in terms of both action and strike. Do you know at what rate the fly falls after it's ascent? How heavily weighted is it? I would suspect that from the look of your fly it would perform much as a suspended pattern with a slow fall and an even swim. No matter, it is a beautiful design!

Greg

thanks Greg...I had a duh moment and didn't recognize the user name...The fly sinks slow...It has a large size lead dumbell....Full testing on fish will begin in one month or so....