Fly Tying
rich5665

The Great Nor' Easter - The Perfect Swarm

cencalfly, kbranch, redneck fly and hounddog welcome to the swap. Redneck thanks for the feedback on the pheasant tails. I bought the wrong type of tail at the time it was all the fly shop had.

I have been researching a type of fly known as " fore and aft" I came across such a pattern by "Polly" Rosborough, a Little Golden Stone. So that's what I'll be tying. I had the priviledge of meeting "Polly" a couple of times. I once saw him at a fly shop in Medford Oregon. He demoed his fuzzy nymphs, tying them without a vise. He had the thread in his shirt pocket and held the hook in his hand. Needless to say, it was pretty amazing :huh:

I have been researching a type of fly known as " fore and aft" I came across such a pattern by "Polly" Rosborough, a Little Golden Stone. So that's what I'll be tying. I had the priviledge of meeting "Polly" a couple of times. I once saw him at a fly shop in Medford Oregon. He demoed his fuzzy nymphs, tying them without a vise. He had the thread in his shirt pocket and held the hook in his hand. Needless to say, it was pretty amazing :huh:

Now that is something I'd like to see.

Now that is something I'd like to see.

My error; the fly is a "Little Yellow Stone" :sleep1:

New to the site and itching to join a swap. I'm in. When do you need the flies by?

Welcome to the Swap. The due date is Saturday April 9th better known as Opening Day for New Jersey.

New to the site and itching to join a swap. I'm in. When do you need the flies by?

Welcome to the Swap. The due date is Saturday April 9th better known as Opening Day for New Jersey.

Thanks! I'll be tying an ant pattern! ( not foam )

rich, Polarbear is a new swapper and is tying an ant. I'll be more than happy to change my pattern...unless you want ants!! HA! I have a few dry fly patterns that I can choose from.

Thom

rich, Polarbear is a new swapper and is tying an ant. I'll be more than happy to change my pattern...unless you wants ants!! HA! I have a few dry fly patterns that I can choose from.

Thom

Oh Geeze... didn't see that you already had that one. I will change mine, not a problem.