Fly Tying
Robert M

Show me your crabs!

Thanks, the top two are 4's the bottom is a two. I generally like smaller lightwieght crabs because of shallow water, the gold crab is gold mylar tubing from hobby lobby and the yellow is egg yarn and plastic bead chain, slow sinking and the fly lip creats a cool fleeing action.

The last one is congo hair.

I like that last one PR, I bet the Reds and Trout smack it !

What's congo hair ?

Fred

Congo hair is a product very similar if not the same material as EP fiber, and it's about 1/3 of the price. you can find it at www.flytyersdungeon.com

I like that last one PR, I bet the Reds and Trout smack it !

What's congo hair ?

Fred

Congo hair is a product very similar if not the same material as EP fiber, and it's about 1/3 of the price. you can find it at www.flytyersdungeon.com

Flytyersdungeon.com = Great materials but usually slow shipping so be warned but it is worth the wait

Help !

How do you insert a photo in a "Reply" post. I tried uploading the pic to the Gallery and inserting the link but somehow it won't let me.

Feeling dumb..... :dunno:

hmmm siestafred, thats weird...I can see it all now when i have hit 'reply' maybe the upload wasn't initializing but 'browse' 'upload' then go manage attachments and press the little green 'tick' in that dropdown, should work :)

These are mostly what I use now. Brown or rust bodies with a couple of legs. Crazy as it seems to me, the version with Fl Orange thread and orange tail works the best. The one with chartreuse thread and legs is new and I hope it'll prove to be hot, but I have not as yet given it a good test.

Cheers.....Fred

PS Thanks FF Jam.

post-411-1299358544_thumb.jpg

Looking tasty siestafred! What size are these around?

Ahh i suspected them to be around a #2 or #4, very nice, i gotta try some of these figure 8 wrap flies as they look very fishy to me.

When i am in town... which this season has been most of winter (sigh) i am at bloor & spadina, pretty much downtown. Fished the G and C rivers a bit during open season, but last year we had a 'run-in' with a completely naked man hiding in the bushes - anyway to cut a long story short the police were involved and i really don't like fishing there anymore. The wife was pretty freeked out by the whole incident.

I usually avoid salmon and steelhead here as i don't know too many places where the bait chuckers arn't with the bad attitude and coming out of the bushes offering u five bucks for a fish, killing fish, milking fish and generally being assmonkeys, so i usually hit BC for that sort of thing (i prefer bears and know some sweet fishing areas).

Most of my ontario fishing is for pike and bass these days along with a few secret brook trout area's i have scouted :) Spend a bit of time up at brockville and ottawa for work in summer i have a few holes around that area.

During the winters here i am 'usually' in the southern hemisphere, sigh next year i will be, for a good 4 months.

I like using Glen Mikkleson Acrylic Crab fly when the stripers are feeding on them on the flats.

DSC03809.jpg

And I will attest that it is a sweet fly got one from him in my first swap hosted here.