Fly Tying
ShadowNix

Books on Salmon Fly Fishing

Hey Guys (and Gals),

I am looking for a good book on fly fishing salmon... I have read (in parts) River Salmon Fishing, but I am looking for a book more focused on fly fishing salmon, their habits, flies, etc. Anyone know of any good reads? Just wondering... Oh and I am focusing on Pacific Salmon since I will be moving up that way tongue.gif Thanks!

'Nix

Nix there is no where near the amount of books out on pacific salmon as there are for steelhead or other speciecs of salmon but there are a few.

Jim Teeny has one that is around 7 years old and its called teeny technique for steelhead and salmon, then theres one out i believe just called "pacific salmon", and i think there are a couple out published by Amato publishing that deals with the PNW salmon.

Pacific salmon fishing just doesn't have the history and tradition that the atlantics do. There are new books coming out all the time, keep looking.

I see you're coming to my neighborhood. biggrin.gif

There is a few books, alot of them are OLD. But there is one good one that is constantly being updated. Flyfishing for Pacific Salmon by Les Johnson. Great book and lots of info.

If I were you though, I'd wait until March when the updated version comes out. I have an old copy from about 85' I think. Good book, even for it's age. But there are several books (I know, I have alot of them lol). Most aren't produced anymore. Les' book is pretty damned good. All you'll pretty much need.