Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Dry Fly Drift boat

Well today i met up withSpentwing and picked up my boat.Just looking at it i am impressed with the craftmanship of this product.

He was very considerate to go over everything with me and show me the ropes on everything.I thought for sure it would take longer than it did to fill up the bladders.But i would agree a battery pump would be a way to go.

I am hoping to give it a try on the waters tomorrow.Will get some pictures of it and hope the first jouney down the river goes well.

THe wife says she is taking extra insurance out sad.gif

tt

Cool Rick hope it works out good for ya. You'll have to post us a little "review" of it when ya get back from the madien voyage.

Ahhh women! Build a fast car, walk out the door on a trip with a case of beer&a chainsaw, or buy a boat that depends on air to keep ya afoat and their first call is to the insurance agent wink.gif laugh.gif go figure

SD

Well here is a photo of my new toy

user posted image

Man am i going to enjoy this biggrin.gif What a great way to float a river.Man was it fun Sunday.Can not believe how stable it was and if your not in a hury to get there this is the way to go.Did not get to fish but you could really cover some water.Opens up a whole new world for fishing for me.

The wheather was nice except for the wind.Had to keep the oars going to get anywhere but the peace and nature of the float was great.Seen sections of water that i have not before that i am sure have to hold fish.I will have to get out and fish some this weekend man am i excited.While floating had a beautiful red tail hawk circling overhead for the longest time.Sure thought to myself that he was thinking this guys going to sink and free dinner sad.gif The float had to come to an end with those all to famous yells dad you getting closer.1and half hour float over and felt like i just found the perfect stress relief for anyone.

Just thought i would update a little trip with my new toy

tt

Good to hear Rick, a boat opens up all kinds of new water for you. I remember taking my first trip down the au sable below Mio right after i got my drift boat and just thinking to myself "wow look at that spot...wow..look over there holy..wow" laugh.gif

Your gonna love the endless water you'll find and the solitude that a one man floater will give you cool.gif

SD

Pontoons are the cat's ass.

I had a Dryfly and ended up selling it. I missed it and had to buy another. There's just certain water that can't be accessed with a driftboat.

Let's do a float smile.gif

Pretty nice looking.. I was riding around in a crawdad this summer, those things are pretty stable.. felt a little more comfortable fishing from that then a canoe .. cool.gif

QUOTE (vices @ Nov 13 2004, 09:25 AM)
Pretty nice looking.. I was riding around in a crawdad this summer, those things are pretty stable.. felt a little more comfortable fishing from that then a canoe .. cool.gif

Just don't plan on covering as much water.... You'll end up rowing out in the dark unsure.gif

I found a 2 hour canoe trip will take 5-6 hours in a pontoon wink.gif

Yeah, i got mine earlier this summer. Quite fun, not only for fishing but also for Duck Hunting. I can carry 3 rods and my gun, and be very comfortable floating down a river. Really nice especially when you don't have a truck to tow a drifter... i can put my dryfly right on top of my car.

One thing to remember when it comes to these inflatable pontoon boats, they are NOT meant to be rowed on flat water. They were originally designed to be rowed going down rivers. Just that someone finally decided to shrink them down for one man usage (in whitewatering, a 12' is considered a one man play boat). Just too many buy them for lake usage, and find out it's ALOT of work to move. But is better then a floattube IMHO. Just make sure you have fins if using in a lake.

Trouttraveler, Sounds like a great boat/toy. Big toys for big boys! Who makes the boat and where are they located? I would like a driftboat but the budget doesn't allow it. Appreciate any info you have. Thanks!! headbang.gif

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this