Fly Tying
maddog48

Sowbug Roundup time ...

March 17-19 the annual Sowbug Roundup will be held in Mountain Home Arkansas near the White River. There'll be over 100 fly tyers and about a dozen different vendors. If you're in the area stop by. Admission is $5 good for all 3 days.

Mike

March 17-19 the annual Sowbug Roundup will be held in Mountain Home Arkansas near the White River. There'll be over 100 fly tyers and about a dozen different vendors. If you're in the area stop by. Admission is $5 good for all 3 days.

Mike

I heard that Royce Dam and Bill Heckle will both be there... Is that true?

i'll be there saturday. need to try to find a decent place to stay on friday night.

can't wait for it. i havent been in 3 years.

I'll be leaving Waco on Wednesday early and hope to get to Mountain Home by 5:00 or 6:00 pm; its a 10 hour drive and about 450 miles. The driving is enjoyable, but the last 100 or so miles is in the north Arkansas mountains where the roads are 2-lane and curvy, and the views are beautiful.

I'm staying at the Ramada; its always convenient and easy, and its only a short drive to the church hall where they have the show.

I'm going to start getting my stuff in the truck this weekend so I don't have to rush.

Ray

Mike

I heard that Royce Dam and Bill Heckle will both be there... Is that true?

They're both listed as tiers.

I just noticed that Sister Carol Corley .. the Flytying Nun .. will be tying also. :yahoo:

Mike

I thought about her a couple of nights ago and wondered if she would get to come.

I hope she does. She's a real sweetheart. It's been a long time since I've seen her. She really is a joy to have around.

Mike