Fly Tying
eastern fly

Meat Eaters Swap

So I was messing around with the pattern I was thinking about for this swap and while tying the front end I jabbed myself with the rear hook several times. How do you guys work around your trailer hook without getting stabbed repeatedly? I am going to put some foam on the tip and see how much that helps but any suggestions are welcome.

CAREFULLY.Tthats the best I can tell you. It happens to me all the time.

Kevin

Guest rich mc

i tied up my first double hook fly, ill watertest it tomorrow and if it works fine ill tie them up this weekend .this has been interesting . rich mc

Sorry about the terrible phone picture but this is what I was thinking about doing.

Overall length is about 3.5 to 4 inches. Wanna cast test it before tying up the whole bunch.

Probably have to do them in a different color also.

post-25820-1302094972_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the terrible phone picture but this is what I was thinking about doing.

Overall length is about 3.5 to 4 inches. Wanna cast test it before tying up the whole bunch.

Probably have to do them in a different color also.

post-25820-1302094972_thumb.jpg

For what I can see it looks good. I also am working on a fly and don't like the head,but I will find something I like.

Kevin

My idea has been brewing, it should be a fun one to tie. I'm going have the materials I need for it next week sometime and tie up some testers. I'm working on building an 8wt rod right now so hopefully I have that finished next week as well. There's a local derby that I'm working during the end of april where lots of big toothies live. If all the stars align you'll be getting a tested pattern. I'm trying to find the video that gave me the idea for this fly but I can't remember where it was, haha. I'm excited to get these flies back and throw them on my new 8wt!

Sound good. I use a 7wt with a 250 grain sink tip. At time I do switch to a streamer tip that has a 4ft sink tip. I use a lot of streamers and most of them are articulated.

Kevin

My taste test this weekend didn't go well. Didn't like the way it swam but it casted okay had one dink bass attack the crap out of it but they were almost the same size.

I just ordered everything for my swap fly except the hooks and the articulation point material. It took me all day to decide what I finally wanted to order and in what color. I'll post what I tie and maybe what it catches in the next couple weeks. I'm excited for this fly.

Okay I went back to the drawing board on my pattern and came up with something different.

Articulated Pollywog lets call it Wogzilla about 3" inches short has real good movement.

Let me know if this will work

post-25820-1302873590_thumb.jpg

post-25820-1302873623_thumb.jpg

Okay I went back to the drawing board on my pattern and came up with something different.

Articulated Pollywog lets call it Wogzilla about 3" inches short has real good movement.

That looks great! I would love to have one of those.

That looks good, that will work.

Kevin

That looks good, that will work.

Kevin

Final will have eyes and probably a weed-guard