Fly Tying
eastern fly

Meat Eaters Swap

Guest rich mc

tested my other version of a big worm. ill call it the keeper worm, since the extra hook in the back will make hookin them easier. rich mc

No name yet. It's going to be greyish white and have a fish skull. That's about what I know so far haha. Waiting for materials still.

After a lot of reading and some experimentation I ended up deciding to tie a cross between two of my favorites, the slumpbuster and the sculpzilla. I don't have a name for it. Frankenzilla?

How are things going. Does anyone have names for there flies yet?

Kevin

The Slumpzilla haha. Both of those are awesome flies, I'm excited to see the outcome.

The monsters have entered the mail! It took a little longer than I planned but the package went out yesterday! I left it as a 2 hook pattern. If I wanted to do a single hook I would tie it with the size 14 hook in front. The connection is made with fire line.

Hooks: 12/14 2xl nymph hook

Thread: (in back 6/0 olive) Finish 6/0 Black

Tail: Olive Marabou and Olive crystal flash

Bodies: 5 strands of peacock with 3 strands of olive crystal flash twisted into a rope.

Hackle at the end of the 2nd body and at the front of the first: Pheasant windowpane feathers palmered.

I can see several lakes here and over the border where this pattern could be great at sundown!! or later!!

Thanks for hosting:

Frank aka Student4evr

The "bug"?

post-12269-1303720099_thumb.jpg

All done and ready for an address. They're a little different than the one I posted earlier but after some R & D I've decided I like the way these fish better. I'm calling it the Laser Peanut.

post-21899-1303841617_thumb.jpg

-Mike

All done and ready for an address. They're a little different than the one I posted earlier but after some R & D I've decided I like the way these fish better. I'm calling it the Laser Peanut.

post-21899-1303841617_thumb.jpg

-Mike

PM Sent

Looks sweet! I can't wait to get these flies! They're gonna be awesome! I just need to get one more thing for mine and I'll tie them all up. Shouldn't be long now.