Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Wading boots

Well my trusty Korker "Convertables" finally gave up the ghost last fall so I'm on the hunt for a good pair of wading boots now. They must be-

1- Interchangable soles and studded soles available

2- Available in size 14

3- No more than $100

I'm looking at the Korker Redside and the Korker Cross currents. Anyone have any experience with either of those models?

Steve

Korkers for $100 or less? Please give a link...I'm tired of tennis shoes over my waders..

Every link on the Nomad's website leads right back to his blog....am I missing something here?

Steve, They look like great boot choices... You can't ever go wrong with a pair of korkers . I just love my Guide boot, b/c once you adjust them they stay tight and they don't loosen up on you during the day of fishing. If you have the little extra funds, I would get the boot with the boa system in it. Also they are easy to get in and out of like the lace boot. And the boa system has a warranty for life.. Check them out!!!

Note: Also i fished in 20F temp with snow on the ground and had no problems with the boa system. Honestly, I thought it would freeze up and cause me trouble when trying to get out of my boots at the end of the day..

Also, I'll look at my local shops and see if they have a 14 in the styles you listed. In case you have a hard time finding your size???

Called a few places and was told Korkers Cross Current Wading Boots are the only ones that come in a 14???

Is that true? They have only one style for people in need of a 14 boot? I'm shocked.. :bugeyes:

Good luck,,,, They are a great product... :thumbup:

Korkers for $100 or less? Please give a link...I'm tired of tennis shoes over my waders..

There's a number of Korker boots for under $100. Korker "Redside" are $99 http://www.korkers.com/footwear/fishing/redside.html and Korker cross current are $74 at most places http://www.troutlet.com/Korkers-Cross-Curr...Boots-P480.aspx

Called a few places and was told Korkers Cross Current Wading Boots are the only ones that come in a 14???

Is that true? They have only one style for people in need of a 14 boot? I'm shocked

The Redside series also comes in a 14 as well as a 15 so there's a few differnt models that go past 13's.

Steve

Most actually run actual size, so if you wear a size 13 shoe then you go with a size 14 boot so that you have extra room for socks and the wader foot material. There are a few companies that run them one size bigger but most don;t do that.

Steve

Most actually run actual size, so if you wear a size 13 shoe then you go with a size 14 boot so that you have extra room for socks and the wader foot material. There are a few companies that run them one size bigger but most don;t do that.

Steve

If your using these boots a ton in the dead of winter.. I would go with 2 sizes bigger. I noticed with one size bigger my foot is crushed in the toe box area. With two sizes bigger my foot is nice and comfortable. But upping 2 sizes is not good for summer fishing since I don't like wearing thick socks.. So the best route is getting 2 pairs since they are a great price for a quality boot.

But if you do purchase a pair get them at least 1 size bigger as Steve stated in above post..