Fly Tying

I take it that is a serious reaction to the feathers? I spoke to a retailer online here in Ontario and they said the magnum barred hackles are very hard to find until the next batch is ready and it will have an impact price wise.

marc

The cleaning process for feathers meant for tying, is not the same as you might expect for your hair.

97036064_XS.jpg

Oatka has the right idea; Give this poor misguided Lass the facts about putting chicken feathers in your hair!! smiley-sick028.gif

And don't forget the possibility of contracting "Bird Lice" and "Avian Flu".smiley-sick010.gif

Some of you other guys are obviously smitten by a sweet young thing named "Laura"!smiley-love003.gif

Get a grip boys, this is war!!! smiley-rpg010.gif

Probably a good thing she posted here instead of the fly tying bench....... I can see the flames flying there already from a few of the guys. I'm with the last few guys though........ THE WAR HAS BEGUN!!!!!!!!!! :gunsmilie:

Although I have 4 grizzly saddles that have yet to be touched I will not let them go until the price hits 400+ per saddle, then I'm going to sell all of my saddles (close to 50 or so) and buy a boat.

Steve

HAhaha. :rolleyes: .....

I sent the user a PM....haven't heard anything yet...hmmmm

Better by careful; You wife might be spying on your posts!

smiley-violent021.gif

Hi boys!

ive had the feathers in my hair for over 2 months now and i havnt had any reaction like the picture ew! maybe the girl forgot to shower? =)

i understand the fustration this brings upon all of you, but its been going on for a year or so now or even longer. Breeders must be making a killing off of this. I understand the process now with the birds and its def hard to tell how long this will last. Personally i think it will stick around for a couple years or longer. The demand is def high and the supply is extremely low! Im sorry for that, but we love them too.

It started in colorado the salon that started it is called FineFeatherHEads. check them out and you'll see how popular they have gotten. They're everywhere now! In NH they havn't really made a mark yet, so im trying to start something. Im not a hairstylest, just a feather lover haha.

My mom working within a botique and i was wondering if it would be possible to order from the catalogs for her shop? or does it have to be a fishing store?

Contact John Collins At Collins Hackle. If you need further Details send me a PM.

It's Charlie Collins.

whats a PM?

A private message. You can see at the top right of your screen if you have new messages. Unopened messages will popup on your next login.

Although I have 4 grizzly saddles that have yet to be touched I will not let them go until the price hits 400+ per saddle, then I'm going to sell all of my saddles (close to 50 or so) and buy a boat.

I wouldn't mind having a new motor for my boat. I have several saddles, but I think I'll wait until the price reaches $500! :rolleyes:

Personally i think it will stick around for a couple years or longer. The demand is def high and the supply is extremely low! Im sorry for that, but we love them too.

Oh no! 'years', will be challenging times to find certain materials which kinda sucks - and all due to some bizarre fashion trend, i really should have stocked up for this drought *sigh*. I wonder what is next? Putting marabou on your eyelashes? These women need more tar with their feathers.

Oh no! 'years', will be challenging times to find certain materials which kinda sucks - and all due to some bizarre fashion trend, i really should have stocked up for this drought *sigh*. I wonder what is next? Putting marabou on your eyelashes? These women need more tar with their feathers.

Never happen....... you can buy marabou by the pound...... has to be something fancy and hard to come by. Maybe we could convince them to go with zonker strips though...... just a thought

Steve

Yeah, bring back the FUR COAT. Do you know how much fly tying material the IS in a used fur coat. I have been tying for 25 years on the scraps I was able to get from alterations to old worn fur coats.

Just think, though. In a year or two the fashion will be something else, and we can get all our hackle at Goodwill for a dollar :yahoo:

Nope they will just throw them out.