Fly Tying

Whoa!!!! I'm not an animal rights Wacko.......but if being a hypocrite would save the feathers for us......well, I'm OK with that.

Kev

<><

Its already too late this year.

having had time to ponder this, are we not being unfair to the providers? they are after all a business and the goal is to make money. i think whiting has addressed the demand the best way. we may not like it, that said, maybe they can expand their business to address the fad and still keep us happy. it will take a bit of time to adjust their business thats all.

Marc

By the time they adjust the fad will probably be over. Maybe we can sell them on synthetics Krystal flash anyone.

We need to make sure that the girls and women who are putting these feathers in their hair REALIZE THAT THESE BIRDS ARE GETTING KILLED FOR THEIR FEATHERS.

These same women will not wear fur because the animals are dying just for the fur. MAKE THEM REALIZE it's the same with these chickens and many of them will stop buying them.

Kev

<><

Your animal rights activist point of view is a pretty good idea. Although coming from fly tiers it would make us hypocrites. :coffee:

Whoa!!!! I'm not an animal rights Wacko.......but if being a hypocrite would save the feathers for us......well, I'm OK with that.

Kev

<><

That duck in your avatar is just sleeping right????? :hyst:

That duck in your avatar is just sleeping right????? :hyst:

Exactly! Man, ........I sang him a little tune about love, honesty and devotion. He just drifted off................

Kev

<><

If you look o stockards site they say the hackles are not suitable for the hair so they are doing their part. :)

Not to knock J.S. since i do buy A LOT of product form them, but i have to disagree with you. They say they are not suitable for extensions when the hackle really isnt suitable. IE necks, American hackle by whiting, and so on.

A big thing i give J.S. a lot of respect for is they haven't jack the prices way up like other suppliers. And that to is them doing a huge part for us humble fly tyers.

Mainehunt- :hyst: was it a double mellowdy you sang to it. :hyst: quack quack..qu.BOOM! :hyst:

If you look o stockards site they say the hackles are not suitable for the hair so they are doing their part. :)

Not to knock J.S. since i do buy A LOT of product form them, but i have to disagree with you. They say they are not suitable for extensions when the hackle really isnt suitable. IE necks, American hackle by whiting, and so on.

A big thing i give J.S. a lot of respect for is they haven't jack the prices way up like other suppliers. And that to is them doing a huge part for us humble fly tyers.

Mainehunt- :hyst: was it a double mellowdy you sang to it. :hyst: quack quack..qu.BOOM! :hyst:

Johny,

You sir, are a sick and twisted individual.............that's why I like you. :)

Kev

<><

Actually, I suspect the reason may be more about liability for JS. by saying they are not suitable for extensions, they are protecting themselves. if someone did react and try to sue, they point out the warning. smart on their part.

marc

Marc-

Im sure JS isn't worried about being sued. :hyst: . Thats pretty silly. As i said before, they are just helping the feather heads out by directing them to the correct feathers that they want for extensions.

You cant make extensions with short hackles such as cape/neck hackles.

There pretty much are not any "hair extension quality" saddles left anywhere, so at this point it is almost a non-issue. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you are upset over a vendor selling their product, it is time to re-examine your priorities.

IMO JStockard has done exactly right-- they're letting the featherhead morons know that unsuitable feathers are unsuitable for their needs, and that keeps them available for tyers.

Contact John Collins At Collins Hackle. If you need further Details send me a PM.

wow way to go. if he gets tons of orders he will raise prices. i think this lady should just go about her own bussiness and quit bothering the people that are suffering from the demand of her bussiness.

They just opened a Cabela's near me and I was told that a woman came in first thing in the morning, after waiting for 6 hours and bought all the saddles that they had on the first day, and they aren't due to get more for a few weeks. Why can't they find something else to put in their hair that is useless, like say christmas tree tinsle.

"American Idol" is over in a few weeks, maybe when the idiot Tyler is no longer on TV for interminable hours every week with hackles in his head, the fad will die down.