Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bertgwen

Musky Swap

No problem Y, I'll plan on sending everyone one of their own back unless I hear otherwise.

And I will plan on taking a group picture. I just need to find a clear piece of real estate large enough to lay them all out.

Thanks all for participating. It's been fun.

robert

I was also going to say to keep my extra, but since you're not going too - please send one of mine back to me. My fishing partner saw these guys and I know he wanted one even though he didn't outright said it, so I figure I'll just give it to my buddy, if that's cool.

Y, your poppers arrived today and look great. I'll bet they are going to make a ton of noise chugging through the water. Musky opener here is not that far off. I my forgo trout this year on opening day and take this swap set out for a test run.

Glad they made it! They do make a ruckus across the surface. I hope that box will work for sending back the swap.

Thanks for hosting!!!

The last set of flies arrived today and unfortunately I will be sending them back to ronc23. This was set-up to be a big fly swap and these were not by any means big flies. Lengths about 4-inches, with very little bluk to them. Much more appropriate for a bass than a musky, in my opinion. It's kind of a shame too, as they are actually pretty nice flies. But seeing as I set the rules on day 1 (stipulation #2), I'm deciding to stick to them. I just don't think it is fair to those of you who tied much more substantial flies.

As for those remaining, Yiman, ctious, and polarbear. I'll get the flies boxed up and out on Saturday. Assuming you sent in 5 flies, you will be receiving two of your own back and three others. Will attempt to get a photo of the entire collection, but don't hold your breath. I'm not great with a camera.

Now I think we need to set-up a first fish (musky) caught on one of the swap flies contest. Winner gets???

Thanks again for participating.

robert

i am looking forward to seeing them all... as for the first musky caught on a swap fly..... the one who made the fly and the one who caught it should get a t shirt with the fly and the fish on it... not sure how much it costs to make a shirt with a picture on it, but i dont think its all too much... i would chip into that...

Sorry everyone...... I totally brain farted it!! If they are still in possession...please distribute them. I know they will catch.

Thanks for letting me participate!

Ron

Flies are all packaged up and ready to go. I'll be at the post office in the morning to send them on their way. I did take some pictures but don't have an online account anywhere to upload them to for posting here. Which, apparently, I need. I also took the toe tags off all the flies for the photos, but seeing as everyone has posted a pic of their flies, except me, I figure it shouldn't be a problem.

I hope I got everybody their correct 2 flies back, I had a little bit of an "oh sh$t" moment after I had them all spread out for the pictures and went to start sorting, but I think I got it right. Thanks all for participating, and doing so in a timely manner. Hopefully they'll be back in your hands before the original swap due date.

And if you do land a big pig on one of these flies, be sure to post it up, I'd love to see it.

robert

ron - your flies will be on their way back in the morning as well. I didn't feel right keeping or distributing them. Honest mistake, you shouldn't be out a bunch of flies because of it.

Sounds good!!!! I can't wait to see the the flies. They will get put to use soon! I can't wait to see one of them hanging out a feesh's mouth!

here they are..... oh and the hand is doing good... mostly the skin is healed... still dealing with broken bones.. a few more weeks and i should be mostly back to normal...

004.jpg

WHHHOOOHOOOO!!!! That looks great! I can't wait to see them in person. Big flies for big fish.

I hope your hand heals soon.

Just checked the mail and my flies have arrived! They are awesome. I cant' wait to put these in the water. Thanks to everyone who participated and thanks to bertgwen for hosting. When one of these ends up in a toothy mouth I'll be sure to let y'all know. All of these flies are large! Nice.

got them! can't wait to toss these out in the water! look awesome! Thanks everyone!!!