Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
BeginnerFlyTyer

Pike/Musky Swap

Flies in the mail- should be there Friday or Monday. Thanks for hosting

x2

Flies in the mail

Did this swap get filled up??? If not I would be glad to jump in here and get some flies in the mail before the end of the week.

Steve

cool got polarbears flies today i like the beads on them.

Got a million of them from tying walleye leaders

Did this swap get filled up??? If not I would be glad to jump in here and get some flies in the mail before the end of the week.

Steve

you are in steve p no more spots open

you are in steve p no more spots open

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET :headbang: I'm so pumped.... I'm going to be tying an orange yellow spun congo hair fly that I've been playing with. Can I get your addy soon so I can get them shipped out here really quick please???

EDIT : I just saw your addy on the first page... my bad.

Steve

Finnished my first one................

Start by placing the popper in a vice and gradually enlarge the opening in the rear about 1-2 cm down the slit with a drill bit. This will allow the lump from the tail material to be placed inside the popper body. Push a finish nail into the rear of the slit and tie fishing line to the end of the nail. Suspend the popper body from the ceiling in the area you will paint. Start with three base coats of yellow. When this is dry hold the nail, with a latex glove, point the slit away from you. Do this four times while coating the top with Rustoleum color shift green. Take the flies down and drill out where the eyes will be with a forstner bit to make a flat spot. The 10 mm eyes took a 1/8 bit. Clean the plastic out of the bit after each eye. Glue the eyes with instant glue gel and place the eye onto the fly with pliers or some other tool. Tie the flies back up and coat with two to three coat of a clear gloss once the eyes are dry. Allow to dry for 24 hours.

The tail is tied as follows;

3/0 long shank stainless

Red crystal flash (spread out once it’s secured.

), over which is yellow marabou.

Black marabou on each side of the hook.

Black crystal flash over this, spread out once it’s secured.

Top the whole tail with emerald green marabou.

Do a dry run first to ensure the foam body fits over the tail. Remove the foam body and saturate the tail lump with liquid instant glue. Spread gel instant glue over the hook shank and place the body back on pushing it all the way down. Allow to dry 24 hours. Tip the fly over and seal the slit with yellow nail polish.

post-4643-1301486551_thumb.jpg

hey guys i am soo sorry... but i need to drop out... i got my hand caught in a rope today and broke fingers and stripped the meat off to the bone.. i will not be tying for a long time.. again... i am really sorry...

hey guys i am soo sorry... but i need to drop out... i got my hand caught in a rope today and broke fingers and stripped the meat off to the bone.. i will not be tying for a long time.. again... i am really sorry...

Hope everything goes okay and you can start fishing again soon!

its not just the fishing.. i hope i will have full use of my hand yet once it heals.. its pretty bad

its not just the fishing.. i hope i will have full use of my hand yet once it heals.. its pretty bad

Oh man...well good luck, buddy!

Dude hope it all works out and you get use of that hand again, my prayers are with you.

Steve

Relieved flies from ron23 :headbang:

5 flies

Nathaniel knight

7241 St Rt 305

Burghill, OH 44404

For swappers that sent extra would you like me to send them back or keep the flies?