Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Rodd Gunn

Czech Nymph Hooks

I am interested in purchasing some barbless Czech nymph hooks in the black finish. I was wondering what make you fellows use and where can one obtain them. Thanks for your assistance.

Just wondering why are you using the czech hooks instead of other, more readily available hooks.

No reason, really. Any curved shank hook will work fine (e.g. TMC2457, Daiichi 1120 or 1150, Mustad 80200BR, etc.), although the usual suspects are not black finish nor are they barbless.

In addition to Knapek, the original poster might want to look at Skalka and Partridge as well. My favorite source is Fly Tying Specialties.

The only reason I am trying these hooks is to try something new. I like the look of the black hook. I do realize that there are less expensive hooks and I have plenty of them. Like I said, tying something new.

The only reason I am trying these hooks is to try something new. I like the look of the black hook. I do realize that there are less expensive hooks and I have plenty of them. Like I said, tying something new.

Check out http://www.performanceflies.com/

Kevin has an nice assortment of the hooks you are looking for and a bunch of other really nice European Goodies.

Cheers.