Fly Tying
Pujic

2004 OFT / FTF Photo Contest Results

Good evening everyone,

The time has finally arrived to reveal the results of our inaugural Online Fly Tyer / Fly Tying Forum Photo Contest. I speak on behalf of the entire MOD team when I say that the caliber of the photos submitted this year was nothing short of extraordinary. I know that I'm not alone when I say I had a very tough time voting.

Thank you to all of those who participated and shared these beautiful photos with the rest of us.

The following category winners better be prepared to spend some time browsing GCO as they all now have a $25.00 gift certificate courtesy of the founder of GCO, Will Mullis. Just in time for tying season!

Action: nightfish

http://www.flytyingforum.com/uploads/conte...73e4d7a605d.jpg

Fish: JayMorr

http://www.flytyingforum.com/uploads/conte...81b77d9eb2c.jpg

Nature: Peddler

http://www.flytyingforum.com/uploads/conte...7cf03568fc4.jpg

And finally the winner of the best over all photo, and the lucky new owner of a complete Gatti / Okuma 5wt outfit, complete with SA line and a beautiful wooden fly box is:

Best Overall Photo: GHow

http://www.flytyingforum.com/uploads/conte...75925a4bb08.jpg

Congratulations to all of the winners and a big thank you to all of the mods who've selflessly supported this contest. Given the participation and interest I have no doubt that we can make this an annual event!

CONGRATS ONCE AGAIN!

Nick

You know what I hate about these contests? You enter a contest like this, and you vote on the pics, and sure enough the ones you vote on win. How can you vote against that rainbow picture. I was in that category and I took one look at that rainbow pic and knew I had no chance. I belive I voted for the other two winners as well.

john

laugh.gif yup i also voted for the rainbow pic , and the one landing a fish in the snow...nightfish i believe it was.

Congrates to all that entered the contest and i'm sure you guys will be happy with your prizes. Nice job guys.

AND nice job Nick on overseeing the contest! thumbsup.gif

Congradulations to everyone who enter!! There were some awesome pictures!! thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

BFR

Congratulations winners - beautiful photos to be sure thumbup.gif

Ken cool.gif

Congratulations, great photo's, definitely prize winning shots. I bet that Gatti rod and reel setup is super sweet. Nick Pujic let me try a Gatti on the NY tribs, amazingly light weight, fast action and a strong butt section. Sure wish I'd won it, maybe next year.

Graham

Congratulations guys great photos headbang.gif When I looked at the other photos in the contest I new that it would be difficult to win. next year It will be my turn biggrin.gif

Great bunch of photos people!

Hope to see more people enter next year so rember your camera next fishing trip.

rolleyes.gif

OSD.

Wow! I'm honored, especially to be alongside the other pics! JayMorr, nice shot! Where was that overall winner taken?

My shot was of my friend Michael reaching for the tippet on a whitefish, caught on the Provo River. But to me, with the dark sky, the brooding light on his half hidden face, and the outreached hand commanding the rising water, he's totally Moses.

Thanks mods & everybody! Cool contest!

Congrats to the winners and thanks to all those who entered. I think it was a success being the first year for this contest.

I will be contacting the winners soon with their gift certificate information.