Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Li'lDave

Woolly Buggers - The Swap

It's a long way from BC to OZ, but they left almost 2 weeks ago.

Thanks sir. I should expect them this week then...

I appreciate the effort all have gone to in getting them out on time too :D .. We can't do much about the international mailling system...

Dave

Just to confirm The flies hit the mail on the 10th.

Frank

Thanks for letting me know mate :)

I hate waiting <_< ....

Still today left in this week I guess ... Seems that most are in the mail so we have no choice but to continue waiting for those in the mail :rolleyes: .

I will keep you all up-to-date :D . I hope you don't mind waiting a little longer for your flies

I hate waiting <_< ....

Still today left in this week I guess ... Seems that most are in the mail so we have no choice but to continue waiting for those in the mail :rolleyes: .

I will keep you all up-to-date :D . I hope you don't mind waiting a little longer for your flies

Still waiting guys and girls... I know they're in the mail, but will keep on hanging out... Hopefully they'll arrive this week.

Slow and steady...

:D two stunning sets of flies arrived today. 1 from Dezod and 1 from Sjo! Great ties guys, and thanks for the extras!

That just leaves 3 sets of flies... Professori, Troutguy and Student4evr I know yours are well on the way... Still no news from Will, so I'm assuming he's had to pull out for one reason or another :( .

Fingers crossed we'll get these 3 sets this week and I'll get them back to you ASAP!!!!

Thanks for your patience. I think it will be worth the wait in the end B) !

Wow... 19 days to get to australia from Colorado, USA. I would love to spend 19 days IN Australia, but not GETTING to Australia.

Thanks for hosting.

C

Wow... 19 days to get to australia from Colorado, USA. I would love to spend 19 days IN Australia, but not GETTING to Australia.

Thanks for hosting.

C

Yeah ... from the experience this time I don't know if I'll host another... more for the expedience type thing, and I feel like I've let all of the swap participants down, even though it's beyond our control and you all have been great!

Thanks for hosting.

C

Yeah ... from the experience this time I don't know if I'll host another... more for the expedience type thing, and I feel like I've let all of the swap participants down, even though it's beyond our control and you all have been great!

Are you kidding!! I am pretty sure that you haven't let anyone down, at least not me. You are half way around the world from most of us and International postal service is not FedEx overnight. I certianly don't mind the wait, I would rather wait and get all of them at once. I think it is easy to forget that it takes longer to mail Internationally. Hell, Lykos33 had to wait almost a month to get flies from my last swap and he is on the same continent. Just be thankful that at least the mail goes by air, it used to go by boat.

I have to fess up somewhat. It cost me 17 dollars to send mine Priority Mail to correct my mistake, AGAIN!!! I mailed my flies three times for this swap. No customs declaration and wrong address, flies returned once. Wrote AUST (no one ever joins swaps from Austria) and no numbers (lazy) flies were returned yet again. Last Monday paid big bucks. Would like to have blamed my crazy PO if you all know the stories, but I mailed all from the big PO in Charlotte. The PO website says mine are in Australia not Austria or God knows where this time. hey if you get a packaged opened with no customs, they give you a nasty note stamped on the envelope. Just saying. Just glad I didn't use Black Bear or Condor on the flies LOL.

Thanks for hosting.

C

Are you kidding!! I am pretty sure that you haven't let anyone down, at least not me. You are half way around the world from most of us and International postal service is not FedEx overnight. I certianly don't mind the wait, I would rather wait and get all of them at once. I think it is easy to forget that it takes longer to mail Internationally. Hell, Lykos33 had to wait almost a month to get flies from my last swap and he is on the same continent. Just be thankful that at least the mail goes by air, it used to go by boat.

Thanks Bob. Much appreciated... yep.. just as well they don't travel by boat any more,... The flies I've received have just been fantastic and I can't wait to get them all wet.

I have to fess up somewhat. It cost me 17 dollars to send mine Priority Mail to correct my mistake, AGAIN!!! I mailed my flies three times for this swap. No customs declaration and wrong address, flies returned once. Wrote AUST (no one ever joins swaps from Austria) and no numbers (lazy) flies were returned yet again. Last Monday paid big bucks. Would like to have blamed my crazy PO if you all know the stories, but I mailed all from the big PO in Charlotte. The PO website says mine are in Australia not Austria or God knows where this time. hey if you get a packaged opened with no customs, they give you a nasty note stamped on the envelope. Just saying. Just glad I didn't use Black Bear or Condor on the flies LOL.

Well I look forward to seeing them this week mate! They'll need a rest when they arrive I think! :)

Frank... Yours were on the coffee table when I got home last night!! Awesome ties, and thanks for the extras!! :D

That leaves only 2 sets to arrive... I still have faith they will be waiting for me tonight after work.

Still waiting for the last 2... from Troutguy and Professori.. I have sorted all of the sets I have and as soon as these 2 arrive I'll be able to get them straight into the mail.

I'm getting married saturday and so will be away for a week on our honeymoon next week, but I won't have forgotten y'all