Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Li'lDave

Woolly Buggers - The Swap

Still waiting for the last 2... from Troutguy and Professori.. I have sorted all of the sets I have and as soon as these 2 arrive I'll be able to get them straight into the mail.

I'm getting married saturday and so will be away for a week on our honeymoon next week, but I won't have forgotten y'all

I am so sorry that mine haven't arrived yet. This is really not acceptable. If you want to get all this out of your way and get on with your real life (congratulations on the nuptials) I fully understand. You can send the pumpkin heads back when (if) they arrive (minus the 6 or so you keep for your efforts and diligence) or not, at your convenience. Thanks for hosting, and again, my apologies for this headache.

Don't stress it mate. I know that all of the flies were sent before the due date (3 times for troutguy :rolleyes: ) so I am happy to wait, as long as everyone else is happy enough with that. In hindsight I may have imposed too strict a deadline, but we can't control the postal system. Once yours and Troutguys arrive will get them out as soon as I can.

I'm with Bob. Only it isn't the rain in Colorado it is the snow pack. I bet we have run off until it starts snowing again. We have so much the ski resorts opened back up until the snow is gone... Yes skiing in June, maybe into July. Too bad I don't ski, just fish

C

No worries guys... Troutguy... Your well travelled buggers made it tonight!!

That took a long while for a priority package to travel. Glad they made it.

Won't be long guys and girls and we can put this one behind us :D

Won't be long guys and girls and we can put this one behind us :D

No hurry Dave, we just wait thid one out. I hope you will continue hosting, because you handle it well.

Congratulations with your marriage!

Sjo

All.

I got home last night and discovered a note from the post office... A package has arrived for me that I will pick up today. I have a feeling it's a set of flies from Professori, :ph34r: I hope I didnt just jinx it...

If it is I'll have them sorted and in the mail ASAP...

PS... will put up a brief trip report in the relevant section :D

All.

I got home last night and discovered a note from the post office... A package has arrived for me that I will pick up today. I have a feeling it's a set of flies from Professori, :ph34r: I hope I didnt just jinx it...

If it is I'll have them sorted and in the mail ASAP...

PS... will put up a brief trip report in the relevant section :D

Sorry guys and girls... I jinxed it.... it was a wedding present from my Ex Boss

Edit: I have talked with Professori and we have agreed to cut our losses and assume that his set of flies have gone AWOL in the mail. The remaining sets have been sorted and I will get them in the mail for you by the end of the week (tomorrow if I can wrangle it).... Thanks all for participating.... We'll do another soon.... :D

Edited by Li'lDave

OK... Flies have been sorted and in the envelopes, unfortunately minus the Professors. I'm sneaking down to the post office today to get them in the mail for you all. Thanks again for your patience. All of the ties I've received have been brilliant. I'd like to pick a favourite, but I don't think it's possible. This weekend and next I'll be taking the buggers down to a local stream for a few pics and maybe a fish or two ....

Thanks again all, It's been fun, and who knows, I might just do another one shortly... I've been thinking about saltwater streamers a lot lately....

In the mail as of 45 minutes ago guys and girls... Come the end of next week start looking for a little somethin' in your mail boxes.

Thanks again

Flies arrived today. Thanks Dave for hosting and thanks to all the tiers for some great buggers B)

Good to hear they made it Bob.

I took them fishing this morning... Didn't get to try them all, but here are a couple of pics from the trip.... The Olive Bugger accounted for my PB Rainbow... and the purple bugger managed a couple before I lost it to a tree...

post-22241-0-58276200-1308974097_thumb.jpg

post-22241-0-52782900-1308974658_thumb.jpg

post-22241-0-51895500-1308974686_thumb.jpg

post-22241-0-43506400-1308974748_thumb.jpg

post-22241-0-78346200-1308974776_thumb.jpg

post-22241-0-96544300-1308974810_thumb.jpg

post-22241-0-98916500-1308974840_thumb.jpg

post-22241-0-28296500-1308974857_thumb.jpg

post-22241-0-34698600-1308974869_thumb.jpg

post-22241-0-49729000-1308974900_thumb.jpg

All... I received somewhat of a shock today when I arrived home to Professori's flies. I have looked at these and they are simply stunning! SO I am sending PM's to all of you to confirm you addresses and I will be sending these out... I have addresses for Professori, Rich5665, Student4evr, FishingBob, Troutguy and Dezod I think... The others, I have misplaced yours...

Stay tuned tonight / today