Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Li'lDave

Woolly Buggers - The Swap

All... I received somewhat of a shock today when I arrived home to Professori's flies. I have looked at these and they are simply stunning! SO I am sending PM's to all of you to confirm you addresses and I will be sending these out... I have addresses for Professori, Rich5665, Student4evr, FishingBob, Troutguy and Dezod I think... The others, I have misplaced yours...

Stay tuned tonight / today

I just got back from a 4 day fishing trip and .....................................

YAY!!!!

The flies arrived today. They are nice. Thank you for hosting. To answer your PM, you have it correct. Thank you everyone for the flies.

The flies arrived today. They are nice. Thank you for hosting. To answer your PM, you have it correct. Thank you everyone for the flies.

Good to hear they are starting to turn up...

Please all keep your eyes and ears out for a little party favour that will be in the mail soon... :ph34r:

Good to hear they are starting to turn up...

Please all keep your eyes and ears out for a little party favour that will be in the mail soon... :ph34r:

hey guys... How we going? Any more arrived yet? I haven't been able to get the Professors fly out to those of you who've re-sent addresses, but I'm trying to do that sooner rather than later... (Last news I heard from my Antipodean colleagues in Canada still hadn't received anything, but then there is probably a wee bit of catching up to do since the strike finished....

Last news I heard from my Antipodean colleagues in Canada ...

Hey, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black! :rolleyes:

Got mine a couple days ago... look like great buggers, can't wait to get them wet.

Thanks again Dave for hosting and I hope you host again.

C

Last news I heard from my Antipodean colleagues in Canada ...

Hey, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black! :rolleyes:

Hell yeah!! and as my British Mother-in-Law has kindly noted... I can very VERY Antipodean when I want to be B)

Repeat after me.... I'm 'Strayin (Which is Australian, for Australian :lol: ) and Proud!

Hey Dezod!, great to hear you got them alright!

All...

those of you who have re-sent your address to me should have a little brown enevelope on its way with one of the Professors flies... Just back form the Post office now (think thats dezod, Sjo, Horseshoes, Student4evr and Rich5665)...

Hopefully the other packages have been arriving... particularly to Horsehoes and the Professor up in Canada...

Thanks again for participating and making my first hosted swap an enjoyable one...

We still have a back log at the postal so I am patiently waiting it will get here sometime. I'll let you know,

Well a lovely package arrived on my doorstep from the antipodes today. Thank you all for your wonderful work and especially L'ilDave for being one of the most conscientious swapmeisters I have had the pleasure of having.

Well a lovely package arrived on my doorstep from the antipodes today. Thank you all for your wonderful work and especially L'ilDave for being one of the most conscientious swapmeisters I have had the pleasure of having.

:D

Glad to hear you got 'em mate! In my mind there was no question when I saw the buggers you tied for this one Prof.. I just had to give everyone the chance to have one! I'm fishing tomorrow, and I think your little pumpkin head variant will be the first fly tied on... I hope I can do it (and all the other flies from the swap) justice and get a sexy little headshot comparing the fly with the dental work of one of our piscatorial friends!

I'll be lurking for a little while now... just waiting for another swap that takes my eye....

fished again this weekend for nothing except for a few touches...

The professors pumpkin head

pumpkinhead.jpg

The waters

thecreek1.jpg

No trout in here.. Just Jungle Perch... I know they're there, but they're too smart for me!

nothing yet.dry.gif

I don't understand.... Keep in touch, let me know... I reckon I'll be able to do something for you (with the spares) if they don't arrive. I'm 1000miles from home at the moment, but let me know. I don't want anyone that participated to miss out on their flies!

The little buggers came to my door today. WOW!!! Nice set of woolies. Thanks everyone. l'ilDave you did us proud. thanks for hosting and tight lines.:D