Fly Tying
Dezod

Parachute Pattern Swap

ok I started tying today and decided I am doing a size 10 flutter hopper I started tying them like this about 5 years ago if you ever watch a grasshopper on water you know they never have their wings tucked in and ride perfect so I started tying them with a deer hair wing and just let it flare all over it has produced very well for me hope it does for all of you

here is a pic

post-10925-1301616216_thumb.jpg

recipe

hook:#10 200R

thread: tan

body: FTD hares web dubbing tan

Legs: knotted pheasant tail

wing: compardun hair

hackle: tan grizzly

I do the post in pink because my old eyes has trouble seeing the white in the water

Riff that fly looks sweet.

Still looking for a couple more swappers, but if no one fills the swap by the end of sunday night then we will just close the swap where we end up. I know we are getting close ot the opening of trout season lots of places and the time of the year that swaps begin to slow down.

C

Here is where we stand as far as the swap goes. Still 3 spots available, Johnny U has shipped the hares ears, Riff has an addy and will ship soon.

A Parachute Pattern Swap

SWAP IS CLOSED

It used to seem like there were only parachute mayfly immitations, now there is everything from a parahopper (a personal favorite) to parachute ants. I am a sucker for any pattern with a parachute because it usually sits low in the water and is easy to see. So lets see some of your favorite para-patterns

Standard rules apply. Any pattern with a parachute post. Tie 12 flies (you won't get one of your own back)

Due Date Monday May 9th

First 12 with I'm in

1. Johnny Utah- UV Hare's Ear- Addy Sent

2. Polarbear78- Parachute Adams-

3. Rich5665- #18 Klinkhammer-

4. IBRB- Parachute Caddis-

5. Flon18- Parachute Mosquito-

6. Sjo- CDC Parachute-

7. Avril- TBD-

8. Riff- ParaHopper- Addy Sent

9. DavidR- Foam parachute sulpher-

SM. Dezod- Parachute Ant- Done and Ready to Ship

So I said that I was going to close the swap after sunday. There have been plenty of views, no one wants the last few spots, so the swap is closed. Everyone needs to include only 9 flies, you will not get one of yours back. For those who have sent flies already I will return your excess flies with your swap flies.

Thanks everyone who is participating

C

Some very nice parachute hares ears arrived from Johny U. It is always awesome to see the flies start to roll in.

C