Fly Tying
Dezod

Parachute Pattern Swap

Flies in the hands of the USPS now lets hope the federal govt. doesn't shut down and hold them up - you should see them Monday.

Thanks for hosting, have a good weekend.

DavidR.... I'll be on the lokout.

Riff got some sweet looking parahoppers int he mail today, Fish catchers for sure.

C

DavidR

Got the foam parachute sulphers yeserday. I am curious how you tie in that foam. I have some of the round post foam in a couple sizes, but when I tie it in it makes my body taper all off. It's probably just me.

Yours look great.

DavidR

Thanks for the link... I will have to give it another try. I think those foam parachute posts have a lower profile and look great.

Polarbear- Addy sent

C

Avril

I also got your PM with the pattern. I fish the parachute coachman ALL the time. It truly is a favorite pattern of mine. I tied it up a couple years ago for a swap on the forum that was dedicated to all "royal" patterns. I have yet to find anyone out here in Colorado who keeps these in their box except me. I am sure there are people here, I just don't know them... and they catch fish.

Thanks for joining

C

DavidR

Thanks for the link... I will have to give it another try. I think those foam parachute posts have a lower profile and look great.

Polarbear- Addy sent

C

Thanks- I'll package them up after school tonight and mail them out tomorrow. Thanks for hosting

Dezod,

I think, for me anyhow, the secret to the taper was (i) cutting the tag end of the foam per that link I sent you and (ii) less dubbing. Once I got the "hang" of less dubbing is better the taper takes care of itself - its a mind game really but the less dubbing you put on your thread the better - you can always wrap more to create the taper. It is, imo, way harder to remove dubbing.

DavidR

Royal_Coach_Parachute.jpg

Hook- TMC 900BL

Tail- Moose Mane

Body- Peacock Herl

Gaster-Red Tinsel

Post- Calf Body

Hackle- Brown

Addy Please! :rolleyes

Hi all,

Sorry about the large photo...can't seem to find how to upload a thumb. :wallbash:

Polarbear flies have landed. Beautiful ties.

This swap is shaping up beautifully.

C