Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Walker

long road back

About the first week in July I discovered that I was having some trouble tying. My left hand wasn't responding very well, and I was dropping stuff (more than usual). On the second week of july, while on a canoe trip with my son, I lost all the control of the whole left side of my body, from my feet to my mouth. I was diagnosed, a week later, with MS. It's been a hell of a trip back, folks, and I really miss fly fishing and tying. Today is my second day back at work- so things are looking up! In a little while I'll be able to try my hand at some basic wets and streamers and hopefully, by the winter, I'll be able to do some steelhead casting in some of our lovely Ontario tribs. My only reason for posting this is to warn any youngsters to pay attention to your body and take care of yourself. If something doesn't feel right, don't shrug and carry on, get to the doctor and get checked out. All the best people. smile.gif

Walker that had to be rough news to get unexpectiedly, sounds like you are doing pretty good though if your already back to work plus thinking about fishing/tying smile.gif

I wish you all the best and hope to hear that your able to enjoy some tying very soon.

SD

Thanks for the kind words guys. I was one of the lucky ones, only missing 4 months work, and then back in the saddle. have a good one.