Fly Tying

Any thoughts on outing destinations?

I would like to start thinking about where I'm gonna be fishing next year.

Anybody have any thoughts/ideas?

I think a few days in the Smokies(or surrounding area), would be awesome. There are just a ton of trout streams in the area and most have nice backpacking trails where you can easily follow the water. Plus you can camp right next to the stream for free headbang.gif

That's about my only idea at this point.

If you watch Walkers cay in a couple weeks, you'll want to hit ohio power lands.... wink.gif It's probably 2 1/2-3 hours from your house.........Free camping.

I think you need to stay in the Fishing Compound on the Nooch and go fish the Olympic Peninsula with me. biggrin.gif

Erie in the spring and maybe a trip up to New York for some browns if we can get Nick and Graham to give us some tips.

I'd like to do a Canada trip but thats more of a long range goal of mine.

Another idea would be a tying meet. Fishing could be included. This would give those of us that are fairly new to tying a chance to see some real pros. Could be on a campground somewhere by a nice trout.. um or bass stream. wink.gif

How about the Grand River sometime next Summer? There seems to be a strong FTF contingent within a reasonable driving distance.

QUOTE (SmallieHunter @ Nov 9 2004, 05:00 PM)
There are just a ton of trout streams in the area

I see you have converted from the Dark side young Jedi.

Smokies sound great. The grand sounds great.

Any trip with you and Pujie is going to be a blast.

I vote for what ever is with in 5 hours driving time.

No, I'm not converted.......just well balanced laugh.gif

What we fish for doesn't matter to me.

I could go with the Grand, although I'm not sure how many canadians I can handle at one time if they are all like Pujey and Pauley laugh.gif

I'm only about 5 hrs from the Smokies so that would be PERFECT for me.

How far are you PA boys from the Smokies?

Will

Not sure how far...

Probably depend on what part of the Smokies.

Any idea on certian location?

I'll do a map quest search.

Do a search for Gatlinburg and that is about half an hour to anywhere inside the park you would want to go.

I'm a hella long ways from the smokies dry.gif

The grand on the other hand is under 5 hours ;)althought fishing with the canadian members might not be a good idea cus of the hockey lock out you know they'll all be in a pissy mood laugh.gif tongue.gif

No, I'm not converted.......just well balanced 

What we fish for doesn't matter to me.

Will, your just in denial! You do care but you're just not ready to come out of the closet yet! blink.gif

It will depend alot on when it is to decide whether I can make it or not but the smokies is a very solid 8 1/2 hr trek for me. ouch!

What about State College PA ? Penns Creek, Spring Creek and an assortmant of other very nice streams? Could camp at Poe Paddy Campground Right on Penns. smile.gif

As far as other trips I'll be making my yearly trip to Grayling MI the week after fathers day.

8 hours 30 minutes. I have gone further.

I have always wanted to see the Smokies.

Im game for just about anything. What ever we do or go. Lets try and have as many FTF members.

Thanks Kevin! Likewise. I'll make sure your long lost bro - PD comes with, wherever we end up going! headbang.gif

Finding a centralized location is going to be tough....all of the ideas so far sound like awesome trips.