Fly Tying

Any thoughts on outing destinations?

IMHO the Smokies are over-rated. The terrain requires one to be part mountain goat and the fish are generally small.

If I were to hit that area again, I would look in to the South Holston or the Clinch.

A centralized spot would probably be Pa.

Maybe we could find camping and motels within, say 30 minutes or so to a trout stream and a bass stream.

Any Pa. guys know of such a place? bugeyes.gif

LW

QUOTE (Leaky Waders @ Nov 12 2004, 05:16 PM)
A centralized spot would probably be Pa.

Maybe we could find camping and motels within, say 30 minutes or so to a trout stream and a bass stream.

Any Pa. guys know of such a place? bugeyes.gif

LW

From what i've heard there are alot of nice trout streams in PA...far as a bass stream there has to be some sewers nearby so that shouldnt be hard to find tongue.gif Mooning-Smilie.gif

Leaky,

There are many streams to be fished in Pa. Some even hold a decent small mouth population. I have a camp only 2 hours from Spring Creek. With in 3 hours from camp we can fish just about any stream in Central SE you want.

If your looking for a certain hatch we have it depending on the time of year.

I have some knowledge of the area for Spring Creek. LARGE native browns in the 20 inch range. If you want native brookies we can hike back in some.

What ever you want Pa has it ! Including the Steelers ! headbang.gif

Steve, I make a mean Prune Margarita !

QUOTE (J. Johnson @ Nov 12 2004, 05:48 PM)
Steve, I make a mean Prune Margarita !

sick.gif

Kevin i know here in MI fishing during the daylight hours for big brown is "mostly" a streamer type deal.Do the PA streams fish very well for browns with dries or is it about the same as we have here?

I know the grand is a great dry fly fishery and would like to hit that again for that reason but if PA has some decent dry fly fishing then i wouldnt' have any problem with making a trip for that.

What ... do sweet, fresh prunes and tequila make you squeamish... The next morning you'll be hung over and relieved

I like to chase the hatch. Move around trying to get the timing right. Nymph early wait for the rings. Spring creek browns can be hard to get. Scuds and Sulpher nymphs have worked best down under. Top side, got to have a variety of dries.

Compaduns, parachutes, catsklill style. If they dont that , givem an emerger fished in the film.

there are alot of nice trout streams in PA...far as a bass stream there has to be some sewers nearby

I just can't stop laughing.......thats hillarous

Is that why folks in NY call PA Penssyltucky???

I'm making my arangements for next years big brownie trip, Oct 23-29th.

PA has the best smallmouth water in the country. Central PA also has tons of trout streams. Did I mention the best tasting beer, best looking women, and ... I could go on and on.. devil.gif

But there is some truth to it.

The Sesquehanna is the best smallmouth river in the states if not the world. Erie is visited by people from around the world for the fishing.

Just look at this map with all the wild trout streams. .... Don't look here .....