Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
popperfly

Just a little Rant and Rave

I just want to clear up something that took me totally by surprise today and I felt pretty offended by this person remarks, this is what was quoted

“I think this guy is another who's joined specially to take advantage of our generosity (after a freebee never to be seen again) - take note that he posed this the day he joined and has made no other posts - I have shed loads of of spare JC but I would rather burn it than send it to someone who's trying to take advantage”

I joined the forum to learn from the wealth of information brought to this forum by the season veterans of fly tying, not for handouts nor to take advantage of anyone’s generosity. If this person would have checked he could of seen I have been a member since Nov 14, 2010 and I have all my personal information listed about me, the person that wrote this is one of those seasons’ veterans I am speaking about and I never expected that kind of treatment from any senior member that has over 5000 post. To set the record straight I have made a couple of post and replies, just because someone doesn’t post every 10 minutes doesn’t mean they are here to take advantage of anyone or looking for freebees, I don’t believe in charging in like a bull and taking over the forum with post and replies. I visit the forum on a daily bases and read several of the members post and thank you for sharing your knowledge by the way. I meet the owner of the site at the Midwest fly fishing show last month and I stated to him I really like this site, well if this is the treatment or welcome a person receives then I guess I will need to evaluate it a little closer. I belong to several other fly fishing forums and I am very active in them, so for looking for freebee you have the wrong person, most of the time I'm' the one giving out the freebee's to different guys in need. I never asked for a hand out I clearly stated I would pay.

So to this individual that feels this way, I would suggest before you go shooting off about someone get to know them first and maybe send them a PM or post, like "Welcome to the forum"

I hope this doesn't turn you off from FTF. It sounds like you stay up on the postings, so you know what a great and generous bunch of guys & gals participate here.

Sorry to hear this happened to you most of the people here are very insightful and willing to help you out in anyway. but as with anything in life there is always a few bad apples.

What post are you talking about popperfly? I looked back through all the threads you have posted on but don;t see anything like your talking about?

Steve

it was on classic fly tying that he is talking about, so it don't make sense that he posted it here

the guy he is talking about is Dave Carne

here it is http://www.classicflytying.com/index.php?showtopic=42526