Fly Tying

Only reason I post this is I know some of you guys frequently are looking for deals on ebay and such. I'm keeping my eye on the sites but I may miss something. Some tool broke into my truck and stole my rod, reel and fishing bag. The rod and reel are pretty generic and if sold separately will just blend in but if anyone sees some scientific anglers fly boxes full of flies especially with a blue REI fanny pack to carry them I'd appreciate a heads up. My entire winters work with all my experimental flys and such were in there and thats what really kills. Homeowners insurance will hopefully cover most but there is no replacing a years worth of work on those flies.

Josh

Check the local pawn shops. If the person needs money, they may go there. Sorry to hear about your gear.

Rob

if you have any fly fishing type stickers from manufacturers attached to your vehicles windows which advertises to knowledgeable thieves what the contents in your vehicle might be, its time to remove all of them.

Very unfortunate !!! Though on the bright side I'd be more then glad to send you some of my flies to fill up some of your boxes!

We Canadians can sure tie up some mean flies!!!

Let me know how I can help out!!!

Yup it sucks. I'm going to hit the pawn shops on my next day off but I'm not too optimistic. There are probably 50 in town. As for stickers I learned that lesson some time ago. Now the only thing that says angler on my truck is the rusted out wheel wells. NoSlack thanks for the offer but I'm good. Its just a matter of sitting down and tying up what I know I need as the season progresses. Its more the annoyance and the fact that someone took my stuff.

Wow! that stinks! Money can't replace things that have emotional value, or the time spent to create things. I'll keep on eye on that auction site.

Very unfortunate !!! Though on the bright side I'd be more then glad to send you some of my flies to fill up some of your boxes!

I would also like to offer sending you some flies??

I hate stuff like that, when caught, fingers should be removed from hand :)

I would also like to offer sending you some flies??

I hate stuff like that, when caught, fingers should be removed from hand :)

Thanks as well. To be honest I've been really dedicated to fishing with my own flies this past season and I'll be able to turn out what I need. I really appreciate the offers though.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I hope that you are lucky enough to find at least some of the missing items and that by some lucky stroke, the cops catch the "piece of :poop: " who stole your stuff!! There should be a special section of Hell next to the furnace for Aholes that swipe fishing gear!!!smiley-devil25.gif

I am sorry to hear that. Someone I know had a collection of canadian made lures that were quite rare stolen from his home near vancuver. even though they knew who had done it, don was never able to get them back. tell the shops it was stolen from you and you do plan to be checking from time to time. do the pawn shops have to get id from anyone selling and register the property? some cities do that to deter the shops from peddling stolen stuff. I do of someone who caught somebody rummaging in his truck once on the river. the would be thief went for a swim in the fall :)

marc

I know your pain Josh, Two years ago I had my car broke into they took a fly rod of mine.

Not a high priced setup maybe 300.00 total.

But the rod was the last rod my best friend(father-in-law) fished with the day before he passed away.

I hate people that steal your memorys!!