Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Moderators needed

Well as you guys know we have two "sister sites" in addition to FTF. One is rodbuildingforum.com (RBF) and the other is Talkflyfishing.com (TFF) http://talkflyfishing.com/index.php?&CODE=00

TFF use to be a VERY active forum, right in line with FTF but about 2 year ago before we had updated security in place it was bombarded with spam and other things for a bout a week and for some reason even after we updated the site and made it spam free the activity level dropped off.

Well with spring upon us Will & I talked and we would really like to see TFF become active again and become the great site it was a couple years ago. So we will be working on TFF and making a few changes to get things rolling again.

One thing I am doing is I would like to bring aboard around 3-4 new moderators on TFF. What I am thinking is to bring those new moderators from members that are guys here from FTF. Somewhat to breath some new life into TFF so to say.

So what I am looking for are people here from FTF that are interested in being a Moderator for us over on TFF. The main thing we want are people that are ACTIVE here on FTF and will be actively posting (starting new posts/replying to posts) for us on TFF. As well as all the other Moderators tasks of course such as keeping the peace, moving/deleting topics from spammers, helping people, etc etc...but the main thing right now is just getting guys that will go to TFF every day and get some activity going forward. Even if you have not been active yet on TFF that does not matter, as long as you have been an active member here at FTF for a decent amount of time then you will be considered for the position as moderator on TFF.

So if this sounds like something you would like to do then just reply to this post and let us know and after we have enough people interested then we will pick the ones we think will be best for the position.

Steve

I would be too opinionated and ruthless to make a moderator in a politiclly correct , everyone is awesome society we live in. LOL .But I will try and particpate on the forum.

Fred

I would love to participate on TFF more often again, problem I have is that my old login (same as the one I have here and on RBF was apparently lost when you all went through the spam issues, I'm just to lazy to set it back up.

Steve

I too would love to be a moderator. I would have to create an account first (i was thinking about it just yesterday actually). If I do get selected would I have to get a different acoount or would the "powers" be granted to that account?

-Gaeron

My account has been locked out since the spam thing. I sent a few PMS back then but it never got resolved. I really want to start browsing the Classic Fly Forum again and actually be able to view attachments.

I would be willing to give it a try (even know I'm one of the most Politically uncorrect people I know ) lol.. If you and Will think I can do it I'll try it.

its going to be hard finding a SAINT who will be able to leave his/her great big ego at the door and MODERATE FAIRLY all posters

its going to be hard finding a SAINT who will be able to leave his/her great big ego at the door and MODERATE FAIRLY all posters

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: AINT IT THE TRUTH!!! :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

i just sarted an account on there because i was dying for some actuall talk about fly fishing itself rather than fly tying, no activity is right, compared to ftf.

will be posting much more on tff.

Druce

I would love to help, but on this forum. I've always wanted to contribute, and I'm on here every day for about an Hour. Let me know by PM please.

Steve, I'll throw my hat into the fray as well. I'd love to see more activity on the TFF Site.