Sign in to follow this  
NJFlyMAn

NJ fishing report 4/14

Musconetcong River

Flows 595 cfs at 8 AM.

Weather, Sunny 64.5F

Fished 12:00-1:30pm

Hatches: Midges & Stoneflies

Fished this morning and did well again with the brookies with the green rockworm pattern. They were just keyed on taking that fly today. After I stopped getting hits, I moved to a different section of the river, and caught a nice stonefly hatch around 12:30-1:30. Then they just wanted soft hackles at that time. All in all a great day for only a few short hours on the river. Here is just a few pics of the day..

well done! I wish I could have gotten out today, it was beautiful weather and we have more rain forecast the next few days.

well done! I wish I could have gotten out today, it was beautiful weather and we have more rain forecast the next few days.

Yeah...It was nice one on the river today, but I'm the one praying for the rain the next few days to spread the stocked fish out some. ;)

In this state, the baiters don't like to walk for trout, So if we get the rain, the fish will stay longer in our streams.. :headbang:

FishingBobNelson, Just wanted to say thanks for sending me that extra rockworm fly. I tyed my pattern the way you tied yours, but with only a different green dubbing. Man that is one effective fly..Thanks again :thumbsup:

Nice pics! I wish I could get out sometime soon. I was thinking about going out today, but we have a stupid high wind warning. Probably not a good day for fly fishing....Hahaha... :blink: