Panama Red

Discovered Clear Cure Goo

P1030395.jpg

P1030393.jpg

P1030391.jpg

P1030388.jpg

P1030386.jpg

P1030381.jpg

Fishing in St Joe Bay in the morning....If I doe well, will up date with pics.

I really like the shrimp in the last pic. If you dont mind when you get some time could you post a few more pics of that.

Nice ties

Nice. Could you review it a little and tell us what you like about it? I've never used the stuff, but I was thinking about buying it.

Bruce

Great stuff Dave, I love the glass minnow flies. Is that slinky fiber or yak hair for the body on the first and second-to-last flies? I have been curious about CCG, it looks a hell of a lot easier and less messy than epoxy.

HOW Cape Fear Chapter, here is a link to another thread on that shrimp fly. Dave posted it in the database as well

Looks like you are keeping that new Norvise busy!! All great looking flies, but that last one is outstanding!! Had me reaching for a little cocktail sauce!!! :headbang:

Great stuff Dave, I love the glass minnow flies. Is that slinky fiber or yak hair for the body on the first and second-to-last flies? I have been curious about CCG, it looks a hell of a lot easier and less messy than epoxy.

HOW Cape Fear Chapter, here is a link to another thread on that shrimp fly. Dave posted it in the database as well

Thanks AGN

Thanks for the kind words....

I realy like CCG, brings a whole new level of creativity...Shiiping was quick and the ability to create heads, reinforce glass ratlles, and make spoons is great. The flexible goo is great for reinforing materials, eliminating fowling and maintaing body shapes.

I realy don't like having to use sally hansens or hand sanitizer to remove the tacky residue, however it is not a game breaker for me...I ordered the tack free brushable, hope it arrives next week, seems to have been lost in the mail somewhere in Texas. I have already ordered more thick and thin, I is without a doubt well worth the $50 dollars to try out.

Andy, the body materials on the glass minnows are H2O sf blend with ice wing fibers on top, great action, nice flash and they suspend well when you pause the strip, will be making some more of these.

The fishing on Saturday was was awesome, however, I have never seen so many boats and so little boating/fishing etiquete, We always give other anglers more than enough room and stay off the flats when moving from spot to spot...It was a weekend warrior zoo, should have taken pictures.

It was breezy to start and with the boat traffic was crazy. We moved a few miles from the crowd and began fishing, three casts later a small trout like fish inhaled the glass minnow, and then the wind picked up and the wife was non to fond of how I had to posistion the boat to effectively cast. So I did what I do whe the wind gets to the point where I quit...Spinning gear.

We continued to snipe potholes drifing with the wind and using the powerpole to snag some fine trout. The final staw came when a Carolina Skiff with 5-6 people pulled about 50 yards infront of our drift and poled down...then got pissed as we drifted abpot 30 yards around them. All in all it was a great day with the wife.

Went this morning and it was perfect until I realized I left my glasses back at the house, no sight fishing for me...put a topwater on and brought a nice red to the boat and then watched him swim away as he came unbuttoned.

Mirrordine twitch bait trout...

P1030396.jpg

nice looking trout. I hear you about morons on the water. I have had guys pull up less than 50 yards in front of my drift, loudly drop anchor and cast a dozen times before deciding that the fish aren't there. Then they crank up and gun it out of there on plane, spooking everything within a country mile. It s especially bad when there is a tournament going on. I try to avoid these weekends but sometimes it is the only time I can get out.

We don't have the tournaments like we used to, I remember the FLW and IFA when they used to drop in...I think the increasing cost of fuel and more restrictive limits offshore have brought more anglers inshore.

It's getting harder and harder to find an area without a crowd....a damn shame.

tight lines...dave