Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
tmatt26

Poll, days of trout fishing a year

Days spent trout fishing per year  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is for my final in statistics this semester, Would greatly appreciate it if you would participate in my sample study.

Thanks

Tmatt26

This is for my final in statistics this semester, Would greatly appreciate it if you would participate in my sample study.

Thanks

Tmatt26

I fish well over 150+ days a year for trout.. So 18+ is a very low number.

Hope other people post up how many days over 18+ they do actually fish.

I've averaged about 100 days a year for several years. A majority of the days are for trout, but I also fish for everything that breaths water.

I put 3-4 days becuase I live a while from any trout streams, so I normally take a trip or two every year to the mountains to fish for trout. BUt if it was bass fishing then I would be at around 50+.

Same comment as bluegill576. Usually take vacation days + to go up North to chase the elusive Brook Trout. Otherwise annoy the bluegills and SM around here.

I didnt vote because I really cant target trout. The closest spot to me is about 5 to 6 hours away but I do plan on trying to get up there some time this year...

As for bass, panfish, and anything else that has gills I fish arround 60+ days a year..

For me it's hard to say. I spent 90 days in my truck camper all in pursuit of trout. Then I fish 3-4 times a month during the when at home.

Thanks for voting. I know it wasn't the largest window on the days but its what i needed to make the project work. Once again Greatly Appreciated.

I would say I average 100 + days a year fishing trout here in Tennessee. One good thing about living here you can pretty much fish year round.

Trout fishing is not my main game,I fish for barred surf perch and bass.I live far from any good trout fisheries,I do love the little guys.I got in about 125 days on the water last year.Went up to the sierras twice last year and got in around two weeks of trout fishing.Trout opened up a little over a week ago,went to Big sur and fished two days and hooked up with some nice native coastal rainbows, not big but fun.