Fly Tying
Sir Snagalot

First fish on my own fly!

I just started tying flies this year and had the satisfaction over the weekend of landing the first fish on one of my own flies. What a feeling! Now I'm hooked! She's not a monster but, hey, sometimes you just fish for the hit right?

Nymph2.jpg

...and my first bass hahaha I'll be working on size soon too haha

Nymph3.jpg

Here's the culprit, a black headed soft hackle nymph which I promptly lost in a tree.

Nymph1.jpg

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this site for all of your great ideas and step by step instructions. You make if fun for us beginners to dive right in on this awesome hobby.

Yea it's quiet a kick catching that first fish on your very own fly. Believe me once you've started in the world of tying your own flies your hooked .... BIG TIME! ;)

Mike

Congrats on the first one, it is such a feeling of satisfaction, it is one of the reasons for tying, I'm still new to this so I still get that feeling when I use one of my new ties to catch something, seeing that something I did can catch fish, wow I love it. Nice shots too by the way.

Nothing beats the satisfaction of catching some good looking fish, on flies you tied yourself. Congrats!

I agree with everything the other guys have said. There's an awesome feeling you get when you catch your first fish on a fly you tied. Your first fly rod fish is fun too, but one caught on your first fly blows that out of the water!

Yea it's quiet a kick catching that first fish on your very own fly. Believe me once you've started in the world of tying your own flies your hooked .... BIG TIME! ;)

Mike

Here's a bad joke that probably even isn't one (if you are new here don't read this, I'll scare you away): "Darn Addiction, he didn't debarb!"