Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flyfishing99

How about posting pictures of some patterns??

Hi,

I, for one, get inspired when I see pictures of tiers' patterns. Seems lately I haven't seen too many such posts.

Are others noticing this?

Please post some pattern pictures.

Thanks,

Byron

Here's one from last week. It's not pretty cuz this LMB destroyed it, but I call it the "Deflectinator" (said in the voice of Doofenshmirtz from Phineas and Ferb). Tube fly with monster cone, fished with an Owner weedless wacky hook.

5695308360_297d374a18.jpg

Do you mean like not to many people posting? ive noticed this lately too. Ill post some stuff when i get the chance.

I think it is because the weather is warming up and people are getting our fishing more instead of the forum and tying.

I think it is because the weather is warming up and people are getting our fishing more instead of the forum and tying.

...and "X" gets the square!.....

I have two recent posts in the beginner forum where I am asking for advice and critique. When clicked on the pics are too big, but that's one of the things I got a tip on, so please bare with me.

Here Ya' go B.

SILVERSTREAKVAR-2-.jpg

SILVER STREAK VARIANT…

HOOK: TMC 2487, Daiiachi 1130, Mustad c49S, TMC 2488, #16-#22

THREAD: Tiemco 16/0, Gray

TAIL: Dun Hen Neck Fibers

RIB: Lagartun Blue Wire, Fine or X-Fine

ABDOMEN: Silver Holographic Tinsel, 2 strands

THORAX: Ice Dub, Silver Holographic

WING CASE/LEGS: Midge Flash, Black ( the standard pattern uses the abdomen material for the wing case and notched, dun hen neck for legs)

Another little tidbit I use on the East Walker River around this time of year. The pattern was designed by Larry Kingrey, who guides out of Royal Gorge Anglers in Canon City, CO. I was first given this pattern by my friend, Jim Reid, who owns Ken’s Sporting Goods in Bridgeport, CA. I started using this little guy back in ’06…I caught some very nice Rainbows on this fly…I have taken the liberty of adding my favorite black wing case and legs for emerging BWO/Baetis…I have built this fly this way because many of the “big guys” on the EW have been looking at the standard version for quite awhile…

MIKEEW-1-.jpg

My son, Michael...working a R.A.M. Caddis under the willows on the East Walker River, when he was a little boy...

I will follow this up with some "TAILWATER TINYS"...

PT/TB :D

Here are a few for you Byron. Mostly inspired by Montana Trout Flies A Big Hole Demon, a few fur, or hair hackle nymphs, and some stone fly nymphs.

This whole site is geared towards posting patterns. Look under the species specific sections and you will see tons of posts where people are posting fly patterns. However, I have uploaded a pattern 3 times to the database now and it still hasn't been added... Not really sure if it is still down because of the upgrade or not.

Here are a few for you Byron. Mostly inspired by Montana Trout Flies A Big Hole Demon, a few fur, or hair hackle nymphs, and some stone fly nymphs.

Very nice. I communicated with George when he was alive. I think I still have the correspondence. I have nearly all his books and pamphlets. He was really something. I saw his big stonefly display at the Flyfisher's museum when it was in West Yellowstone. Really blew me away! They looked so real.

I have a small plate of his stoneflies too.

Thanks for posting!!

This whole site is geared towards posting patterns. Look under the species specific sections and you will see tons of posts where people are posting fly patterns. However, I have uploaded a pattern 3 times to the database now and it still hasn't been added... Not really sure if it is still down because of the upgrade or not.

I like to see them here on the fly tying forum.