Fly Tying
Old Hat

3XFly FTF Fundraiser/Raffle (2011)

I'm going to go ahead and run this again. I felt it was a success last year and with very little effort from me and others on this site we were able to raise $200 to help Will out with the expense of running this site. Here is the link to last years box. 3XFly Auction 2010 I'm sure it will be even better this year (hard to do) . If you missed out last year, here is your chance to redeem yourself.

This is the game:

This is a fundraiser and a raffle. To participate, send me 3 of your best flies (all the same pattern). Any type of fly is welcome. That's all it takes on your end. I have purchased 3 waterproof fly boxes from Hatches and will pay all shipping costs of the loaded boxes. I will fill each box with one of each participants flies. So there will be 3 boxes filled with the same selection of flies. Funds are raised for the Fly Tying Forum and the Federation of Flyfishers through the sale (by auction) of a loaded fly box. Also, each person who participates will be entered into a raffle for the remaining box of flies.

This is as easy as it gets to help fund this site and for a chance to win a loaded fly box.

The Rules:

1. Send 3 of your best flies (the same pattern) to me by July 17th.

The challenge is for you to put your best effort forward to make this an exceptional box of flies.

Send to:

Carl Sanders

603 Prairie Creek Street

Enterprise, OR 97828

Send them however you want to, but I will not return any packaging, boxes etc.

Please mark the package with 3XFly

This is all you need to do.

2. International tiers welcome.

3. Deadline to get your flies to me will be July 17, 2011.

4. After the deadline I will assign a number to each contestant in no specific order. I will then send a copy of that list to a secret FTF member. I will then ask another secret FTF member to choose a number between 1 and the #of contestants. The name corresponding to that number will win a fly box with 1 of everyone's submissions. Another box with one of everyone's submissions will then be auctioned off on this forum as a fundraiser for FTF to be used as needed. A third box of 1 of each submission will be sent to the Federation of Fly Fishers as an item to be used as needed.

I hope to see close to 50 contestants. There is no limit to the number of contestants, the more the merrier, but only one entry per participant. You may send in more than 1 set of 3 flies for donation purposes, but your name will only be entered once into the raffle. Entering the contest does not require that you bid on the auction box and you do not need to participate in donating flies to bid on the auction box. the box will be auctioned in this forum.

Once I receive a contribution, I will let the submitter know that it has been received, and I will periodically post pictures of the flies submitted for the next couple months.

2 months to send me 3 flies.... Easy, easy and very easy

Thanks and start sending in those flies!

Carl

I'm in for sure, as long as beginners are welcome. I'll take my time and put in my best effort.

I'm in for sure, as long as beginners are welcome. I'll take my time and put in my best effort.

All types of flies, all levels of tying, all countries more than welcome.

I'll do it again. Do you need to know what fly we are tying?

Thanks for doing this.

Thanks everyone for participating.

I appreciate the "I'm in" because it shows interest.

John - no need to let me know what you're tying. Just send them in.

FlyTyer14 - this is not a swap. It is a fundraiser/raffle. There is no limit to the amount of people that can participate. You only need to send 3 flies of the same pattern to me. You know you want to....:)