Fly Tying
Old Hat

3XFly FTF Fundraiser/Raffle (2011)

Thanks Everyone.

I'm in if there's room left

There is no limit to the number of participants. Welcome.

My donation went out in today's mail! Thanks!!

Thanks Mel, I'll let you know when they arrive.

Carl - Count me in. Not sure what I will tye at this point, but would love to help out a good cause. Let's see what I can come up with...

I've gotten four exquisite contributions already. Thanks everyone.

I got flies from ikerajala, ColonelMel, mgcx2, and a beautiful set of Undertakers from someone. Not sure of the handle. Let me know please.

Reminder to all...

please make your name and address very clear along with including your FTF handle, it will make it easier to PM you when they arrive and to send you the box of flies you're going to win.

Thanks,

Carl

Carl I sent out a few flies Thursday (19th) for the fundraiser. Let me know if/ when ya get em....Murray

Thanks gentlemen and I'll send you a confirmation PM when they arrive.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate it greatly.

Carl, my flies are in the mail today. If I win the one box, go ahead and raffle it off. Not that I wouldn't want to have the flies but the FTF is more important.

Been out much? Pretty wet here.

Rob

Carl, my flies are in the mail today. If I win the one box, go ahead and raffle it off. Not that I wouldn't want to have the flies but the FTF is more important.

Rob

Thanks Rob, I'll let you know when they arrive. It has been very wet here as well. However most of our fishing, except some lakes, doesn't open until Memorial Day so I haven't missed much.

I got a very nice set of flies from Yetavon yesterday. Thanks.

Rob

Thanks Rob, I'll let you know when they arrive. It has been very wet here as well. However most of our fishing, except some lakes, doesn't open until Memorial Day so I haven't missed much.

I got a very nice set of flies from Yetavon yesterday. Thanks.

I read the other day in a magazine that fishing the inlet of Wallowa was producing some nice Rainbows, Whitefish and an occassional Bull tout?

Wallowa is a beautiful glacial moraine lake. Crystal clear and not real productive. Holds a lot of stocked rainbows, very few Bull trout (I have never caught one on the lake), nice sized Lake trout, but is known mostly for it's Kokanee (which are landlocked sockeye salmon) fishery. The world record Kokanee came out of there last year. It is possible to get Kokanee on a fly, but a challenge. They are usually pretty deep. Never caught a whitefish there or seen one either. They are in the river though so it wouldn't surprise me. The stocked rainbows are not difficult to catch and I have actually had better luck at the outlet end of the lake to be honest even though most say you need to go to the inlet. It is a great resource for sure though and always makes for a good day out on the water. I have always had this notion of going after the Lake Trout with a fly. They are most often along the bottom and way to deep to get a fly to. I have heard they come up into the shallows for a short period just after turnover in the Spring. More a matter of timing I guess.

Flies are in the mail. I think it is a really great thing that you are doing again this year :D B)

Thanks Bob, I'll let you know when they arrive. But its not me, the thanks really needs to go to everyone who participates.

I got a couple very nice sets of flies from Rstout. Beautiful patterns Rob.