Fly Tying
ctious

tuna flies.. help me..

i will be on my honeymoon the end of June in punta cana and i see that the tuna fishing is peaking out around then... what kind of flies should i bring??? i have about 25 sardine baitfish flies tied up in 3/0 to 2... just looking for what else i should tie up.... i have other small baitfish patterns tied in 4 and 6 for smaller fish i may run into... its a first time i will be going.. thanks for any help...

p.s. i already got the ok from the wife....lol...

I've never caught one from shore - always WAY off shore while looking for billfish. The guide I use (bluewater, not fly fishing) keeps heavy weighted wooden plugs for tuna. We've caught some big ones on squid patterns (trolling, not casting) and baitfish - bonito and ballyhoo.

Keep it simple though and tie up clousers & decievers with different sink rates and different size hooks. Chartreuse & white from 2-2/0 should keep your rod bent.

I've never caught one from shore - always WAY off shore while looking for billfish. The guide I use (bluewater, not fly fishing) keeps heavy weighted wooden plugs for tuna. We've caught some big ones on squid patterns (trolling, not casting) and baitfish - bonito and ballyhoo.

Keep it simple though and tie up clousers & decievers with different sink rates and different size hooks. Chartreuse & white from 2-2/0 should keep your rod bent.

i will be out in a boat... i have some ideas..lol.. weather permitting.