Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
salmosalar

Salmon Country

In a stunning combination of superb colour images and lively personal essays, Salmon Country takes us on an excursion along New Brunswick's famous salmon rivers. Edited by Jacques Heroux, marrying the words of Doug Underhill and the photographs of André Gallant, Salmon Country explores the people, the rivers, the traditions, history, and mythology of this sport of sports.

And there's drama around every bend in the river. Underhill tells of becoming one with the river, of treading deep pools, of wading shallow rapids and gravely shoals in search of the king of fish. Gallant shows the splashy thrill of the catch, breathtaking treecanopied rivers, and the people who make the experience memorable.

Written with keen observation, wit, and verve, Salmon Country brings to life a world centred on fly-fishing and pays tribute to all who share the joy of fishing the Miramichi, Restigouche, Nepisguit, Cains, and Saint John rivers.

The book is available at www.gooselane.com or on Amazon.com

post-1574-0-37291100-1306028575_thumb.jpg

I have picked that book up and read through it. Great book talking about the fine Salmon fishing in NB. Beautiful pictures as well.

I am living in the Chi right now but haven't done to much salmon fishing myself but have done lots of fly fishing for trout. The biggest reason for not going after the salmon is not having heavy enough gear to fish with. I am confident my 5wt could handle a grilse well but one the surpass the 30inch mark I think the salmon would destroy my rod and reel.

Have fought some decent sized steelies on it (20 - 25 inches) and that was a blast.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this