Fly Tying

FTF Fly Pattern - Pelhament - Rainbow Diver

Locally, we have a FF only lake that used to a Trophy Trout Fishery with Monster Rainbows in it. A few years back someone planted in bass in the lake and they are thriving, growing to Hawg status rather quickly. I tied this up in an attempt to determine if they are in fact eating trout, or if they could care less about the trout in the lake.

That ought to work, curious how your "research" goes. My bet is that they will hammer it :)

Michael

Locally, we have a FF only lake that used to a Trophy Trout Fishery with Monster Rainbows in it. A few years back someone planted in bass in the lake and they are thriving, growing to Hawg status rather quickly. I tied this up in an attempt to determine if they are in fact eating trout, or if they could care less about the trout in the lake.

That's a great looking fly.

However, having seen bass hit my flies that resemble nothing in nature, and seeing one take a cigarette butt, I don't think you can really determine if they care it's a rainbow or not. Either way, doing the research will be fun even if there is no valid conclusions!

Good luck professor!

That ought to work, curious how your "research" goes. My bet is that they will hammer it :)

Michael

Hey Michael,

Yeah I think they will too, and while I doubt it has any bearing on the debate of whether Davis bass are actually eating the trout, it will be fun as hell.